Wyatt Turns 8!
October 20th was a pretty special day at our house: Wyatt had his 8th birthday!
Breakfast was waffles, whipped cream, and strawberries. And since this was the part of our off track time, the kids got to stay home from school and celebrate!
Our birthday activity was Build-a-Bear which is always fun. Wyatt picked out an NFL bear :)
In the evening we had his family party. Jackson made a great chaser for his presents!
The next day was the expo for haunted half marathon. The kids went with me to pick up my packet and there were some fun things there that they enjoyed.
UNFORTUNATELY I got into a bit of a fender bender as we were leaving the tiny parking lot. It was a frustrating, expensive thing to happen, but oh well life goes on.
That late afternoon was Wyatt's friends party! He and I planned a fun football party and it turned out great!
First up was watching cool NFL videos on You Tube. It's one of Wyatt's favorites bc it features Odell Beckham Jr. and his famous one handed catch ;)
Next, the kids were split into two teams and they made posters for their teams.
Then it was time to play some flag football!
It was funny hearing all of these boys shrieking for me bc they found this giant spider. It was really big! But I knew it wasn't poisonous so I was OK killing it :)
Team high fives to end the game.
Presents! Wyatt's friends were so sweet and brought things that he loved.
Luckily, Erik came home in time to grill our classic tailgating food: burgers and hot dogs!
The party was a lot of fun, but like most kids parties left me totally wiped out!
I had put Wyatt's card from Grammy and Poppy away in a safe place- a place so safe that I forgot about it on our family party night. So Wyatt got another bonus present that he was VERY excited about :)

Comments