Freak Out

So, Jackson had the saddest tantrum I've ever seen tonight! Erik had to take the Scouts to the pool at BYU-I and Jackson really really wanted to go. However, I was not about to take Wyatt and Jackson in the freezing cold and have to park way far away from the Hart and try to keep track of Jackson swimming while holding Wyatt in a sea of Scouts. When Jackson realized he wasn't going with them he freaked out like I have never ever seen! It was so sad. His lips were trembling, he had a wild look in his eye and he was trying to stop Erik from walking out the door. He was screaming and crying, "Mom can take me and just feed Wyatt at the pool!" (Apparently, this is what he thought was stopping me) So, I did what any good Mom would do and I started to bribe. I started out saying we would go to the pool this weekend. Then I said we could go get an ice cream at McDonalds tonight. Then, I said we could get any treat he wanted. Then, I said we could go to the store and pick out a small toy. Then in desperation I said he could pick out any toy he wanted. Luckily, he was still crying and screaming and didn't care a bit about what I was saying. Finally I convinced him that we could have a really fun time "swimming" in Mom's bath tub and he finally agreed. So, we all got in our swim suits and had a fun time swimming. Whew! I'm not sure if I can handle these situations!! Doesn't it look like he's doing his best "Flashdance" impersonation??
He insisted on wearing a life jacket!

We caught Maverick in the neighbor's yard on their sled. He thinks this is a pretty good dog bed I guess.


This morning Jackson was playing by himself for over 4 min (which is very very rare), so I went to investigate and realized he had pulled off all the back cushions on all the couches in both the living room and family room and placed one car on each section. I'm not sure if those 4 min. to myself were worth that!



On Monday, I finally caught Wyatt rolling over from back to tummy and got the after shot. Now he's a rolling over maniac :)




Comments

Emily said…
Oh man that is funny. I try to bribe Spencer all the time to do stuff, but sometimes nothing you say works. Funny that Jackson settled for just a swim in the bath tub. Kids are silly.
Kaitlin said…
hahahhahahahh you're bathtub is big enough to serve as a jackson-pool.....and if that's all jackson does when you leave him alone for 4 minutes i think you're doing pretty good.
erin said…
wowww can i come swim in your bathtub too?!?!?
Kelsey said…
Bailey still isn't rolling back to front, she'll only go front to back. As for the cars, I'll have to agree with Kaitlin...maybe if you have a difficult baby you get an easy toddler...so you better start watching out for Wyatt!!
kathryn said…
Jenny, that is a really sad story of Jackson. I totally empathize with the bribery--I have done it many a time. Wyatt looks so big too!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures