Our tropical vacation
Well, it wasn't exactly a tropical vacation but our trip to Utah was very nice! We left Wednesday morning and seven hours later we were in Provo at my sister Kathryn's house (we had to make lots of stops for Wyatt). It was so much fun to stay with Kathryn. I had never seen their Provo house since it was all gutted out and remodeled and it is sooo cute! I'm very impressed with how it all turned out and Pete is only a block away from BYU where he teaches- nice! Anyway, we had a lot fun hanging out and playing, but because Wyatt is such a bad traveler I wasn't able to visit many people I wanted to, hopefully I can next time.
We left Provo on Friday evening and then met up with Brent and Molly and their kids, Jon and Maggie, the Hunts, and Erin for dinner in Layton. It was fun to see everyone, but also very quick. We stayed with Kaitlin and Josh on Friday night and Erik went with the boys for some "rabbit hunting" Sat morning. Jackson kept asking if daddy was going to bring home a bunny rabbit- I think he thought Erik was going to get him a new pet. Luckily for Jackson's emotions they never shot anything. The ride home was a little worse, Wyatt wise, but we made it!!!! Its nice to leave Rexburg for a bit during the winter and maybe next year we really will take a tropical vacation :)
Jackson slept in the Madsen's cute playroom downstairs. It was much more fun than sleeping, so he was quite the night owl while we were there.
The weather was so nice while we were there. I felt like a hibernating bear finally leaving his cave. I thought the green grass patches were so beautiful, because we just don't have that in Rexburg!
I love my boys!
No, Jackson didn't make this. I just though it was funny b/c Jackson was quite disturbed the snowman was missing a face.

Uncle Derrick! I need to convince Derrick to come to BYU-Idaho, so we can see him more (I realize this would never ever happen!)
We left Provo on Friday evening and then met up with Brent and Molly and their kids, Jon and Maggie, the Hunts, and Erin for dinner in Layton. It was fun to see everyone, but also very quick. We stayed with Kaitlin and Josh on Friday night and Erik went with the boys for some "rabbit hunting" Sat morning. Jackson kept asking if daddy was going to bring home a bunny rabbit- I think he thought Erik was going to get him a new pet. Luckily for Jackson's emotions they never shot anything. The ride home was a little worse, Wyatt wise, but we made it!!!! Its nice to leave Rexburg for a bit during the winter and maybe next year we really will take a tropical vacation :)
Jackson slept in the Madsen's cute playroom downstairs. It was much more fun than sleeping, so he was quite the night owl while we were there.
The weather was so nice while we were there. I felt like a hibernating bear finally leaving his cave. I thought the green grass patches were so beautiful, because we just don't have that in Rexburg!
I love my boys!
No, Jackson didn't make this. I just though it was funny b/c Jackson was quite disturbed the snowman was missing a face.
Uncle Derrick! I need to convince Derrick to come to BYU-Idaho, so we can see him more (I realize this would never ever happen!)




Comments
How fun that you met up with Jonny and Brent. We miss all of you guys!