Hooray for Hollywood!

Last night was my annual Oscar party. We had a big guest list this year: me, Erik, Jackson, and Wyatt. :) Actually Erik even had to leave for a bit because he had a priesthood meeting! It was still fun. We have been trying to see as many nominated movies as possible (yeah for Clean Flicks!) but really the point of the Oscars is not seeing your movies win. Its eating lots of food, being very competitive with our Oscar pool, and seeing lots of fun dresses. This year I thought the show itself was great with Hugh Jackman as host. He did lots of fun musical numbers that Jackson enjoyed quite a bit! (I loved the one with Beyonce, the couple from Mamma Mia, and the High School Musical people that Baz Lurhmann choreographed) Since I rightly knew I would win our Oscar pool, I didn't even bother buying a prize (sorry Erik). Welcome to my crazy nerdy side!!
The part I love best is deciding what food to make. We have some food item that represents each of the best picture nominees. Our main course was Indian Spiced Pork with fruited couscous for Slumdog Millionaire and milk for . . . Milk.
I couldn't think of a food for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, so per Derrick's request I decided to represent Wall E (he was outraged this movie was not nominated :) . I made something called White Trash that my neighbor had at her house one day.

For the Reader, since its set in Germany, I made German doughnuts. Now normally I am morally opposed to using a deep fryer, but this is a special occasion I guess.
For Frost/Nixon, I had cottage cheese since that was Richard Nixon's favorite breakfast, but I don't think anyone actually ate that- oh well!

Comments

erin said…
you disappoint me, you didnt do anything for Benjamin Button?!?! thats so cheating jenny. you could have at least made cookies and decorated them like buttons!
Johnsons said…
You are so cute and creative. I love it!
Kaitlin said…
man....i so wish we lived closer so i could attend!
kathryn said…
That does sound fun! Erik looks so happy to attend an oscar party too. I wish we could have been there.
Molly said…
You're so cute Jenny. We are no fun over here-didn't even remember the oscars were on, not even sure when they were, and I have not seen any of those movies! You guys on the other hand look like you had one fun oscar party! Wish we could have attended :)
Emily said…
Jen you are Hillarious. I would love to come to your Oscar party one year. I watched most of it here at my moms last week. I really wanted Benjamin Button to win best picture or at least Brad to win for Actor. I loved that movie! I thought that dancing number with the songs from Slumdog was really cool.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures