Here in the Home I Love

Yeah, we made it! Last Monday we flew to Las Vegas and stayed with the Winsborrows for a night. It was fun seeing Rebecca and the boys. They are always so sweet to Jackson. Even with their new birthday Star Wars Lego sets they were working on, they made time to play with him :)

Tuesday night, we flew to Stockton. Can I just say that I deserve some kind of medal? Not only was I able to pack without checking any luggage in, but I was able to navigate through all the airports with Wyatt in a backpack, Jackson with his "special backpack" (i.e. leash), two rolling carry-ons, a diaper bag, and Wyatt's car seat. I sure got some mighty strange looks. Many times though, people offered to help me when my precariously balanced load toppled to the ground. To make matters worse, I forgot Jackson's entertainment backpack at the Winsborrows, so we flew to Stockton without his books, cars, DVD player, or fruit snacks. Yikes! It actually wasn't too bad, but I'm glad I don't need to fly for another 9 days!

I love being home in Stockton. No matter how long I'm away, it always just feels nice to be back in the house I grew up in. I know Stockton has a bad reputation (I read in the paper yesterday more people drop out of high school than graduate here!), but it's home to me and I love it! Being around my Mom, Dad, and Laurel is always fun as well. Its like a party every night :) However, the party ends sharply at 9:30 pm as Wyatt wakes up for the day between 4:45 and 5:15 am around here!
Having fun at the Jelly Belly factory. One of my childhood favorites!
Jackson taking off with the candy. That boy can not stay still!
Jackson "helping" Wyatt drive the toy car. Poor little Wy-Guy.
Cute boy. Just in the past week his sitting up has gotten so much better.


Trying to fly a kite. I'm really not so skilled at this, someone needs to give me some pointers!
More park fun
One of Jackson's many pictures he took when he stole the camera from me and ran away :)
Picnic in the backyard. This was actually Wyatt's first time getting up close and personal with grass. He looks a bit confused.
Jackson is obsessed with his "basketball clothes" He wants to wear them all the time. After he puts them on he says that he's going to play basketball with Daddy at the brick church (he really loved watching Elders Quorum basketball this winter!).
Taking a walk with Grandmother and Grandpa.
Yesterday we went to a new shopping center (well new to me) in Stockton. It was really nice and Jackson loved the fountains. (Being with my Mom makes every place a photo op.)
Ahh, this little boy can just melt my heart!

Comments

kathryn said…
That looks like so much fun! I wish we could be there too!!! You are an amazing woman Jenny! I am very impressed with your traveling skills. I just hope your precarious load that fell over wasn't Wyatt in his backpack. :) Keep having fun (without us--boo)
Amber Marie said…
How fun! We will just miss eachother. Someday we can all get together- maybe when the kids are grown but it will happen!

You do deserve a medal for making such a flight and without a dvd! Super mom for sure ;)
new shopping center in stockton? where is it? what's it like? do tell.
DaveandAnnie said…
I'm jealous! I want to go to Cali! Your boys are so dang cute! These pics make me really miss you guys. We need to get together next time you are down.
Emily said…
Oh Stockton. Home sweet home. I get to go back in June and I'm way excited. I see you were at Laughlin Park. Oh the memories. I agree with Amber. Someday we will all have to get together again.
Kaitlin said…
i am VERY impressed that you packed without checking ANYTHING! i dont think i could do it! and i love wyatt's outfit in the grass picture...i feel like i haven't seen you guys for a long time but i don't think it was that long ago. ps....you better check in on your husband...he might be having too much fun without you.
Molly said…
oh so much fun! good ol' jelly belly factory...so many memories of going on summer "outings" there with you guys!! :) SO impressed with your traveling skills! no entertainment bag!! craziness!! you are super mom!! :) once again, i'm just so dang excited to see you TOMORROW!!! i need to go email you directions and pack and everything else!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures