Utah or Bust

Last weekend we went down to Utah to see some family, and it was a lot of fun. Almost everyone in my family was there (we missed you Laurel!!!!) for Jacob's priesthood ordination. I've also been dying to see Kaitlin and Josh's Asher, so it was the perfect time.
We stayed with Kaitlin on Friday night. On Saturday, Erik, Jackson, and Josh went to the air show at Hill Air Force Base, while I drove down to Provo with Wyatt to see my lovely fam! Erik and Jackson came down that night.

Hangin' out in Kathryn's backyard. It felt weird to be with just Wyatt all day. Nice but weird.


All the June birthdays on the couch while we sang "Happy Birthday." Can you see how embarrassed Jackson looks? He loves singing songs and dancing, but if he's in front of people he doesn't see on a daily basis, he gets so shy!
The birthday boy whose birthday isn't until the 30th.


What a sweet Uncle! Wyatt loved taking his nap on Joseph :)


It was a lot of fun to finally see Emily in Spanish Fork. We've grown up together from the time we were born. Her two kids are so cute, and it was nice to see her husband Brett, who was home for a bit (he's usually out on the road).
So, I'm not the best traveler in the world. To begin with I always drink like 3 bottles of water in the car and then of course I have to stop quite a bit. I also get very car sick plus I expect Erik to get into deep conversations with me. Every time there's a long silence in the car and I ask him what he's thinking about he always says, "Oh I'm just thinking about what kind of wildlife is up there. . ." Basically that's not my favorite topic of conversation :) Anyway, with the addition of kids it makes things even more interesting. On every drive back home I always say, "this is the last time we are going to Utah for a very long time!" But, as soon as the next chance rolls around to get together with people I always forget about all that. And in the end, it is always worth it.

As the Wyatt started to get more and more fussy in the car, we tried all sorts of things. Finally in a desperate attempt we gave him licorice . . .

. . and when that stopped working we put him in between us in the front (I know, not good, but we did disable the front airbags at least). That lasted about 45 min and then, he wasn't too happy until about Idaho Falls when he finally fell asleep!
As long as Jackson has a DVD to watch, he's OK. I can't wait until Wyatt will zone out like that :)

Comments

Molly said…
fun to see family! (btw, CANNOT believe Jacob is 12!!! i was like wait, who's jacob? and then my mouth fell open shocked that so much time has gone by!! i think i last saw him when he was like 5!). anyway, you had me laughing about the car trip..you know the water drinking was cracking me up, remebering oh so many pit stops with you (and drives where we just kept on going! hahahah) and of course crying kids is always sooo hard...wanting deep conversations with your husband..i can so relate :) we are so much alike!
sally said…
I'm with molly -- STILL trying to remember who jacob is...Rebecca's? Joseph's -- can he REALLY be married that long?

I'm laughing about memories of your car trips with molly :)

mostly this post made me miss erik! Love the picture- we still love you erik :)
Emily said…
I'm so glad you came down! That's a good picture of us. Email it to me. I still use the hotmail address. Oh man I'm dreading the car trip to CA with Dave, Monica, and all our kids. I really don't know how we are going to fit. It will be worth it though. Hey remember that road trip me, you, Natalie and Lisa took right after graduation to Monterey. That was crazy. I remember I didn't have a cd player in my car so you brought your stereo with batteries and held it on your lap so we could listen to Britney Spears. Good times
kathryn said…
We had so much fun too!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures