Make It a Better Place
This may seem like a strange post, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about Michael Jackson's death since hearing about it yesterday. I realized that his music actually was a big part of my growing up. I loved listening and dancing to it. I can remember on our long drives to Utah, all of us stuffed into the car, listening to Bad or Billie Jean on my little tape playing Walkman and choreographing complete dances in my head. I remember literally crying to Heal the World or Man in the Mirror (I was quite the sensitive one), because I was so touched by the messages. I remember watching the video for Black or White over Thanksgiving at my Grandma's and being blown away! Each big song he had I loved. So even though for the past several years I was turned off by him personally, I can't deny what a genius he was. Hopefully, people will focus on that and not all of sordid tabloidy stuff that swirled around him.
Comments