Christmas in Stockton
I was so happy to be home during Christmas. Especially because I hadn't been in two years. It's always great to be doing the traditions that I grew up doing :)
Jackson and Anne working on the gingerbread houses. I swear by the end of last week, I was sweating sugar!
On Tuesday night, we got a special visit from Santa Claus himself. Of course my boys wouldn't go within a 15 ft. radius of him, but they liked watching their cousins!
On Wednesday night, we had a "Christmas Around the World" celebration per Laurel's excellent suggestion. Everyone picked a different country and made/bought/had someone else make a dish from that country. While we ate, everyone said a little something about the country's celebration. It was a lot of fun. One of Erik's employees brings in homemade tamales sometimes and since we were doing Honduras this worked out pretty well :)
Wyatt and Grandmother having a good time
Last year my Mom bought matching PJ's for the grandkids and it looks like they still fit some of them. I love my nephews and neices so much! I feel so lucky to be their aunt!
On Christmas Eve we had our yearly "infamous" Christmas Eve Program. Sometimes they can be a bit long, but I honestly think it's my favorite thing about Christmas. Every sibling contributes something: leads everyone in Christmas carols, shares a story, teaches us a Christmas game and it ends with my Dad reading the nativity while the kids act it out.
I never remember to turn off my flash sometimes, but I'm happy Derrick was so enthusiastic about my jingle bell gloves!
Erik and I were Mary and Joseph. I think Erik looks like a member of the Hell's Angels. Anne really enjoyed being the baby Jesus.
The Shepards waiting their cue.
Ella and Ethan (can't quite see him) were the Wisemen
So the past couple of years I've copied my Mom and sister, and have disguised the names on Jackson and now Wyatt's presents with a secret name. On Christmas Eve, they open a book that has that character's name in it, so then they know which one they are. This year, Jackson was Hedgie and Wyatt was Puff. It was fun to say their names, especially because Wedgie slipped out more than once :)
Jackson in his new PJs reading his Hedgie book
Because Wyatt went to bed before the Christmas Eve presents were opened, I had to quickly put his PJs on in the morning. You know I love seeing my boys matching!
The kids all lined up and ready to go downstairs to see what Santa left
Wyatt checking out his Little People airport
It's amazing how full the floor gets with wrapping paper

Comments
(We saw that movie too as well as the Squeakual, would you believe MAx loved them and sat through them both?! funny!!)