Fun with Grandpa and Grandmother


We have been having so much fun with Grandpa and Grandmother this week.  They have done everything that needs to get done as Erik went back to work on Monday.  Every morning my Dad has gotten up with the boys and let me catch a couple of extra hours of sleep with Anna (our 6:30 am is their 3:30 am CA time, so I am super impressed!).  My Mom has kept the house clean, made delicious meals, and done whatever else she can think of to help.  They both have played with the boys endlessly and taken them fun places.  I just can't express how lucky we are to have them!!!

On our first night home, we had a bubble gum blowing contest.   

Jackson tried and tried to blow a bubble, but just didn't quite get there.  It looks like a gross tongue doesn't it?

I think Erik was declared the winner.  I actually had a couple of good ones too, but just didn't capture them on camera.

On Wednesday, they took the boys to a fun playground place here in Winchester.  I found out about it from a friend, and now I'm excited to take the family there myself.  It looks fun!


Wyatt loved playing house here.

And Jackson loved playing dog :)





hmm, can't figure out how to turn these pictures.  I guess Jackson LOVED this slide.


Wyatt felt much more comfortable with this slide.

On Tuesday the boys were chomping at the bit to make a Mickey Mouse birthday cake.  They wanted to pretend it was their birthday.  Every day this week for their dessert they wanted a leftover piece with a lit candle and a song to go with it!
On Friday, my parents, Jackson, and Wyatt went to the National Zoo in Washington D.C.  This is another place I've been wanting to go.  They all said it was a great zoo.  It was so big, that even after a few hours they didn't get to see everything, including the pandas that are there.  It will be something that the boys can look forward to for next time!

 


Checking out the size of lion paws.  My Mom said the lions put on the best show.  One male lion climbed on top of the rocks and just started roaring super loud!







I love this picture!

Comments

Kelsey said…
I just told Adelyn that we're going to visit you and she says "can I bring my dressup clothes?" We came on your blog to have some Anna lessons (she's not getting it that Jackson and Wyatt have a babysister)
kathryn said…
Cute pictures! Jackson and Wyatt look so big!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures