The Last Few Days

OK, so there are productive things I should be doing right now (finish cleaning the bathrooms, pack up my bag, finish folding the laundry, etc) BUT my energy level is next to that of a sloth, sooooo I'll blog instead :)

Erik and I took advantage of our last date night for quite some time and went to Outback on Saturday.  Yummy!

I thought it was so cute when I saw Jackson giving Wyatt a ride on the back of the tricycle.  They were both loving it.  However, Erik (and me?) have insisted on a new "no tricycle in the house" rule . . . poor kids :) (By the way, I hate when I take a picture in a messy room-- oh well!)

Grammy sent a really cute St. Patrick's Day package for the kids.  They love the little St. Patrick's cups and plates.  Jackson immediately said it was time for a tea party.

I was treated to another surprise baby shower on Monday.  This one was at Erik's work (so I guess technically it was for Erik!).  Tory arranged for Andrea to watch the boys while I met Erik for lunch.  When I got to his office, they led me and Erik upstairs to a yummy potluck lunch.  It was nice to meet the rest of the people that Erik works with.  We got some more cute outfits for baby Nyholm and a rocking bassinet.  It was totally unnecessary, but totally appreciated!

Not sure if I should disclose this, but in the last couple of months I have been OBSESSED with the smell of Irish Spring soap.  Like I keep a few opened bars around the house so I always have one handy.  When I start to feel nauseous, I sniff them like crazy and it almost always makes me feel better!  Well, I think Erik was starting to worry about my "problem," but I stumbled upon a whole discussion thread of Irish Spring obsession on babycenter.com!!  It felt really good to know I'm not the only pregnant freak out there!  I wonder how I'll feel about the smell after tomorrow :)

Comments

Molly said…
fun you got another baby shower, the bassinet sounds so cute. and i love your obsession, haha i don't know why but i think it is so funny and great you have something to give your poor sick tummy a little relief! one more day!!! yay!!
erin said…
how nice of erik's work. thats just really, really nice!

and the irish spring thread on babycenter? really? hahaha thats so funny!
Kaitlin said…
is erik gaining weight? and that irish spring thing is hilarious...i'd be a little worried, too, if i were your husband.
Amber Marie said…
looks like the boys are having fun! that irish spring soap thing is so hilarious. i've never heard that before. maybe i'll try that myself next time!
Kristen said…
The Irish Spring thing totally makes sense since you had Anna on St. Paddy's Day! I was obsessed with the smell of the gourmet coffee aisle at the grocery store with several of my pregnancies, even though I have never had even a sip of coffee! I have heard of women loving the smell of gasoline while they are pregnant as well, so no, you are not a freak!
sally said…
I think this means congrats jenny and erik...so you had your baby girl yesterday ? and her name is Anna -- oh how sweet. i hope you are doing well and really get to enjoy your new little pink.

By the way since i was a 10th grader and you know that was a LONG time ago...i've been crazy about the smell of dial bar soap :) that's my only brand of bar soap all these years and I have NEVER opened one without sticking the paper wrap up to my nose and felt the happiness... but it never occurred to me to keep a bar around for some nice smelling time :) now that we are a liquid soap home...i miss it...so you have given me an idea.
kathryn said…
Irish springs reminds me of Dad and Grandmother and Grandpa's house.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures