6 Months
Wow! I can't believe Anna is 6 months old already. I have not had a chance to take cutesy 6 month pictures, so I thought I would at least put up some snap shots that have been taken over the last couple of weeks and give a quick update (Of course Anna looks cute no matter what!).
She continues to be a very easy going baby. I'm sure it's a combination of her personality and benefiting from being the third and having lots of action to look at, but I can set her down on the floor with a few toys and she will stay happy that way for quite a while. My boys were never like that, so it's quite the change. I can actually clean the kitchen or cook dinner while she's awake! Sometimes, I tell myself to stop what I'm doing and play with her though, because if I waited until she complained I wouldn't get too much play time with her! As long as she's rested and fed, she's a happy baby.
We started feeding her solids a few days ago, and true to her easy going nature, she just eats it up (again so different from our previous experiences with babies!). Right now we just do a breast milk/rice cereal combo. Last night, we tried green peas which produced some pretty funny faces. I just got a book on making your own baby food and am excited to start doing that once we move.
Anna is our super army crawler! It's hilarious to watch her pull herself across the floor once she has a target in her sights. She hasn't mastered sitting up yet. Since she just started being in a sitting position more (high chair, stroller), I bet it will come soon. She also lifts her tummy up while on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth, which is super cute.
This picture was taken a couple of seconds after the one above it. It was so funny to see how fast she high tailed it over to me, after noticing the shiny camera with the blinking light :)
She is still drooling like crazy, but no teeth yet. Jackson got his first tooth at 7 months, Wyatt at 4 months, so we'll see when it happens for Anna.
Sleep wise, I'd see there is a definite improvement. Last week she did 7 hour stretches 3 days in a row! That was so nice, but unfortunately it didn't last. The past few nights she's done a 3-4 hour stretch, then a 1 hour, then another 3-4 hour stretch (this seems weird to me). The fact that she has had a cold however, gives me hope that she will be back to her 7 hour stretchest (please, please, please).
I tried to capture her scooting and pulling across the floor- here's a snipet:
I really couldn't be more grateful to have Anna in our family. We love you Anna girl!!!!
Comments