A Post About Moving
Exhausted. That is what I am. Hopefully, come next November, we will have stayed stationary for more than 12 months. That will be the first time since July 2009- I am so ready to just stay. Anyway, in my exhausted, tired state I am going to do a blog post that is the equivalent of a very large run on sentence (which let's be honest, I'm the queen of run on sentences).
First up birthday: I turned 29 last week! Wahoo, last year of my twenties. I think I'm really happy to be moving into my thirties. My day started out great with Erik going into a work a tad late and letting me get a run in. I also loved waking up to this cute card Jackson made for me.
Andrea took the boys in the afternoon, so I could pack. When I went to pick them up, she had these delicious and beautiful cupcakes for me, along with super cute cards that all of the kids made. So sweet!!!!!
We got a babysitter to stay with the boys, so Erik, Anna, and I could go out. At first I wanted something nice, but decided I didn't want to spend the money if I couldn't really relax. Anna was pretty good for our tacos, but soon was too tired and we went home early- oh well. I really do appreciate every single call, card, email, and facebook message that I received. Thank you, thank you.
Other than my birthday, the past week has been all about moving. The boys were so excited to help whenever they could. Especially if the helping involved Erik and his "toys" :)
On Sunday, Erik made me my birthday "cake." His baking skills begin and end with a gherardelli brownie mix. Luckily, I love brownies!!! We also had my favorite dinner: salmon, rice, veggies, and sweet potatoes.
The bugs here are just plain bigger than what I am used to.
Jackson was very serious about the boxes that he packed. I never knew what would be packed up next when I would come downstairs (now this is an activity I can get behind!).
After buying the boys some much needed jammies at Costco (poor Wyatt was wearing Jackson's hand-me-downs with holes in every single one), Jackson asked me if I wanted to take a picture of them. He knows me well.
After I took one, Jackson said, "OK Wyatt, now let's do a different pose. You hug me around my neck. OK, Mom now take another picture."
Wyatt's favorite way to move: the forklift. On Tuesday, we closed on the house. It felt great to get the keys and finally start to move things over. Andrea again, saved the day and took Wyatt in the morning. That started a chain of which I am so grateful. She and other friends have helped us so much this week. Three diferent people have watched the kids so I could pack, unpack, or clean the rental. A few members of the ward helped Erik pretty late into the night on Tuesday bringing the heavy furniture over. My visiting teacher and Andrea came and helped clean a ton last night to finish up the cleaning too (Erik and Tory took care of the kids while we cleaned- it was actually fun!) If there is one thing that I've learned this past week, it is that we are surrounded by wonderful, kind people. We are so blessed.
Now I am a big a fan of the baby bjorn, but my back is finally starting to scream because of over usage!
Tonight, we are finally done with rental. I was very surprised when the property manager came over to check it out and said, "You guys have three kids?? You would never know with how taken care of the house is!" I can guarantee she wouldn't say that say that 99% of the time we were living there, but I'll take it! Now there are so very many things to do over in this house. We have some more people coming over tomorrow morning to help move the boxes from the garage to the rooms which they belong. Unfortunately that means I can't run the 5K I had signed up for. Oh well, at least it wasn't very expensive and it's for a good cause :)
Comments