Welcome Fall
I feel like we've had a really busy week and I know it's just going to get much crazier this week as we are moving in 9 days! The highlight of the week was probably going to Jackson's back to school night on Thursday. It was so cute to see the pride in Jackson's face as he showed us the things he has created at school and explained the things they do in class every day. So far, I really really like his teacher, Mr. Comstock.
This week has seen another change in the weather. It seems we are welcoming fall and I have been, with open arms. I've loved the crisp, cool morning air during our walks to school, and rediscovering my love of soup as I do every fall (this week's: creamy butternut and acorn squash soup). Saturday's weather however, was a little too cool. Jackson's game was drizzly and COLD! Toward the end, it turned into a full on rain. Erik and I came in separate vehicles, because he had some things to do before and was off to the temple right after. I'm really glad he came though, because I locked my keys in the van for the first time! Luckily, I married a man that can break into any vehicle with a little coat hanger wire :)
Wyatt staying somewhat warm and dry. He really is the cutest thing as he cheers for Jackson so enthusiastically every game.
Anna was very obliging and just slept in the stroller practically the whole game :)
While Erik was gone, the kids and I cleaned the house (well no, the kids really didn't clean too much just me :), then went to the library.
We found a fun Hagrid themed letterbox stamp inside the library. I felt so rebellious searching for a letterbox in a library that the librarians don't know about :) There are 4 more inside that I'm excited to find now.
I really didn't pay much attention to the big pile of books we were checking out, but when we got home I found this book, a really violent graphic novel of Bram Stoker's Dracula . . . I don't think so. I had to have a discussion with Jackson that some books aren't really appropriate and we can make good choices of what we choose to read. I really wish I didn't have to screen books that came out of the children's section, but I guess I do!
After Erik came home, we had dinner, he helped tackle the kid's disaster of a room (please stay clean for more than 24 hours!), then he was off to a baptism. Later, he watched the the depressing BYU-Utah game and I went to bed. I'm glad I did because today, Anna and I are home sick from church. Let's hope we get better quickly so I can get everything done this week!
Comments