Pictures From My Phone: August Edition
While we were in CA, Erik ordered a remote control airplane like the one his brother Peter has. This guys was like a little kid on Christmas when it came. A few times, he's come home a bit early from work, or he's come home for lunch (which he never does). It always surprises me, but then sure enough, he's tinkering with his airplane and I see the reason he has come home :)
Anna and I always enjoy the air show
We went to a new pediatric dentist. It's a great office out in Sterling. I don't mind going there, because then I have a good excuse to go to the really big Dulles mall :)
I thought Wyatt would be just fine, after seeing Jackson get his teeth cleaned. However, when it came time to really get in big chair, he was not having it. The hygienist and I tried our sweetest coaxing, but nothing seemed to work. Then she told Wyatt that after he was done he could pick out a prize in the little vending machine thing that they have in the office. That worked like a charm!
Quite excited about his prize! The boys asked when they could go back as we were walking out of the office :)
Picture from the cold, rainy ward pool party. I took Anna and Wyatt and left early :)
Love Jackson's smile here. He was pretty excited that I went all out for his milkshake.
At the school playground
At the pool for (probably) the final time. It was a bit cold. The weather has actually turned really hot again, but now we are busy with school schedules.
Second position plie?
Loved seeing Jackson taking Anna for a wagon ride the other day
And I loved capturing Anna's excited expression when she realized that Daddy was coming home! She recognizes his loud diesel engine whenever she hears it, but sometimes it might be a different truck. When it's actually Daddy's she's ecstatic!
Last Friday evening, we had a church building cleaning assignment. This is always a highlight for the boys!
Saturday was our temple trip day. I went in, while Erik hung out with the kids. I really needed that, so was very thankful for Erik for helping to make that happen.
On the way home we stopped at Cafe Rio. That place really is delicious!
Capturing Anna's curls on Sunday night during a rain storm.
I love seeing Hadley and Anna together. The Taylors are moving today, so I know seeing those two cuties will not be as common of an occurrence (sad!!!).
Going for a family jog/ride. The other day I (half jokingly) asked Erik if he would like to do a "couch to 5K" training program with me. I just expected him to turn me down, like he has countless times :) But to my amazement, he said yes. So on Tuesday evening, Jackson rode his bike, Erik and I jogged/walked, and Wyatt and Anna sat in the double stroller. Wyatt would only sit in the stroller with a promise that he could ride when we got back. I'm hoping we can actually stick with this, because I thought it was so much fun.
Comments