Visiting Molly
When I knew I would be in Stockton for a few days, I asked Molly if we could come crash her place and visit for a bit. It is still my hope that someday we will live closer to each other (the same state would be nice at least!), but I'm glad I get to see her and her cute kids sometimes!
The drive to Spreckles (just outside of Monterey) is about 2 1/2 hours, so we stopped in the middle for some lunch.
The boys were so happy to have these fun, young kids to play with! All 4 of Molly's kids are just the sweetest.
Of course Molly and I stayed up way too late talking (some things never change :) . The next morning, bless her heart, Molly was packing for a camping trip she was taking that day. We did get a little time at the beach though. Yeah for the beach!
It looks like Jackson was playing with the dog, but I think he was just having fun with the waves.
All 7 kids!
Trying to navigate the soft sand
Thank you so much for having us Molly! Next time I'll have you at my place :)
So on the drive home when I called my Mom to tell her we were heading back to Stockton she told me that they were all going to the Jelly Belly Factory. Of course I wouldn't pass up the opportunity, so we altered our GPS route to Fairfield . . . however I forgot about Bay Area traffic. Luckily Anna took her nap for much of the drive, but we arrived at the factory right at closing, as the Madsens and my Mom were walking to the car. Oh well!
My sweet Mom though had bought a bag of jelly bellys for each of us- yum!
Comments