The Rest of Our Trip

Well now it's been too long since we've been home, and I'm probably going to put pictures out of order and forget some things . . .
Isn't that a cute picture of Anna and Camia?  She is adorable, super cute personality.  Today while we were driving, Wyatt out of the blue, said "Mia is the cutest!"  haha, Anna was sure interested in her!

 
Trying to get a family picture at church.

Silly faces!  As you can see, I'm pretty much the worst at silly faces poses!

Trying to get a group picture of the kids at Kelsey's later that day was less successful!


All 8 Nyholms

This is definitely out of order.  On Saturday night, we all went out to dinner in Tracy (3 babysitters stayed home with the kiddos!).  Our car made a quick stop for some Thrifty ice cream on the way home.  Erik is pretty much obsessed with Thrifty Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream!


Jackson was feeling very brave posing for a picture by one of the Becerra's chickens.


For a while I was weirdly following Toa and Anna so I could get a shot of their heads together . . . It didn't really work, but I just love the black curly and the blonde curly together.  It reminds me of a story my Grandmother used to tell us about two girls named Salt and Pepper who were best friends.

Salt and Pepper!

Peter's remote control model airplanes were a big hit with the boys in my family.

Our get together on Sunday was a dual birthday party for Janet and Jadie who turned two.  We ate some yummy tri-tip among other things. :)



Iva and Jackson seemed to get along really well this trip, and were really cute together.


James setting up some games with the kids.  He's a pretty fun Uncle.




Wyatt's turn at Red Light/Green Light



Jadie opening up her presents.


She is so cute.  Love those cheeks!

Pretty cakes

How cute is that little girl??
On Monday afternoon, Robert dropped us off at the San Francisco airport for our final trip home!  Luckily this trip home was about a billion times better than our trip out!

The boys were so excited to see that Avengers was the in flight movie.  It worked out pretty well for me too, because I knew on the plane they would edit out some of the violent scenes.  So I got to be a fun mom and let them watch it, and then they both fell asleep within minutes of it starting.  Score!!



Even Anna took a nap while they were sleeping.  This was my first direct flight across the country, and it was really great.  I guess my only gripe was that for a 5 1/2 hour flight they only serve sodas or water once.  No crackers, no peanuts, nothing (well unless you pay the ridiculous airline prices!
).  When I took one of our many bathroom trips with one of the kids, I asked one of the flight attendants if they were going to serve any crackers (didn't know about the policy yet), she said, "no isn't that dumb?  You can have whatever you want out of this box though"  I wasn't about to say no, so was able to feed the kids pita chips and tortilla chips.  This was a nice supplement to the few things I carried in my bag :)

Finally in Virginia!!!  While we were waiting for Erik to bring the van to us, I snapped this picture.  Wyatt though it was hilarious, to see how freaky he looked!

We finally got home around 2:00am VA time, it took us/me quite a few days to leave California/vacation time and get used to waking up so early!


Comments

Molly said…
looks like a good time! i'm obsessed with chocolate malted crunch too!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures