N.Y.C. Day Four
On Sunday morning, I was finally able to sleep in!! :) We woke up around 9:00 and got ready for an 11:00 church. I was excited to see the temple and go to church on one of the levels of the building.
It's so cool to me that there is a sacred temple right in the heart of one of the busiest cities in the world. I wish we were able to go and serve inside the temple, but I guess I'll just add that to my "next time" list. The ward that we went to was kind of interesting (if not surprising). There were a ton of young families with one, two, or three little children. It makes sense to me, because I think a lot of people come to New York out of college, to get some good business experience but then move on. There were only a small handful of older families. I'm sure it's much harder to live in a small apartment with teenage children! :)
After church, we decided to visit the Museum of Natural History before we took off. Erik was excited since that is the museum that Night at the Museum is based on- haha.
There were lots of cool things to see, but just like at MOMA, we only worried about seeing a little bit of what it has to offer.
Hangin' out by the elephants :)
I had to take a picture of Erik in front of Honduran artifacts. Taken from one of the places he served his mission!
Our last New York City meal was a super fresh, yummy Mexican place. Really delicious. We then, picked up our car from the garage and were off! Our drive home went by really fast. Erik drove the first couple of hours and let me sleep some more, and then I drove the rest of the way. It was so much fun listening to the Wicked and Newsies albums on the drive home too :)
New York completely lived up to all of my expectations. Most of you probably know this, but when I was 18 my dream was to live in New York as a "single gal." I used to read the New York Times at Delta College everyday, making sure I read the "Metro Section" so I would become familiar with the city. I'm very happy with the path my life took instead, and I have to say it was even more magical seeing it for the first time with Erik, the person I like being with more than anyone :) I'm sure I'm only allowed one perfect vacation in life, and I'd be happy if I don't have another one because this was near perfection. However now, whenever I hear Cole Porter's lyrics "Take me back to Manhattan" it will have a little bit of extra meaning :)







Comments