Oscars, Park, and Singin' in the Rain
So because we made really good time on our drive back to Winchester, we were home at around 8:00. Sadly, the kids were already in bed (well, super kudos to my Mom for accomplishing this!) I was missing them so very much, and I have to admit I was bummed to wait until morning to give them all gigantic hugs!
I had planned all along to have our little Oscar party on Monday evening. I had a full menu planned with a different food item represented each of the films nominated for best picture. However, thinking of the Academy Awards just being on and me not watching them seemed so weird, so I asked my Mom and Erik how they felt about watching them that night. They wanted to as well, so that's what we did. Well, actually Erik fell asleep 30 minutes in, but my Mom and I had fun watching them! :) Oh and as you can see I didn't do too bad on my ballot.
So yeah I won the Dove chocolate- woohoo!
I still wanted to make at least some of the food I had planned, so for lunch I made shrimp etouffee. It represented Beasts of the Southern Wild (which is a really great movie by the way). It was really delicious, but a little time intensive so I'm not sure if I would make it again any time soon.
Oh and Wyatt wanted to make some fresh lemonade to go along with it. After I would squeeze each lemon, he would taste it and then tell me to take his picture. I guess the boys did this while we were gone. This snapshot caught the best face!
As soon as Jackson got home from school, we decided to go to George Washington's office museum here in Winchester. Just as background information, we have attempted to go to this museum twice before but it had always been closed. And wouldn't you know it was closed again!! For some reason I thought it closed at 5, not 4! Isn't that a really weird time to close? Hopefully, I'll actually remember from now on!!
Our second choice was Jim Barnett park which I know Wyatt and Anna liked better for sure!
I think these swings are so weird.
My Mom was such a trooper and kept "hiking" up the hill with the boys.
The area was covered with green onions! There were several families picking them, so we joined in on the fun too. We brought a bunch home, but I guess Erik threw them away before he knew what they were! Oh well.
Helping Anna up.
I saw on the Alamo website that they were showing Singin' in the Rain (we actually wanted to see Les Miz again, but it's already out of the theaters here). Anyway, I knew this would be so much fun to see with my Mom, so Erik very graciously offered to take care of the home front while we went.
It was so much fun!! I can't tell you how many times I've seen that movie (it's one of my very favorites), but seeing it on the big screen was just a completely different experience. I felt like I really noticed their faces for the first time, weirdly enough. It was just a blast. Oh and I always love the food at the Alamo too!
And then the next day, we had to drive my Mom back to the airport :( How can I even begin to express my gratitude for my Mom and her selflessness in taking care of Anna, Wyatt, and Jackson. All three had a wonderful time and once again, I am left so thankful for the love that all 4 of our children's grandparents have for them! We are so blessed!!
























Comments