Read With Me

Last Saturday I knew I wasn't going to do too much with Dr. Seuss's birthday.  But I thought I could at least make the kids some green eggs and ham for breakfast (well it was really green eggs and bacon which is even better!)
So last Saturday was my crazy cleaning day.  I was able to clean the whole house top to bottom, which I haven't been able to accomplish in one day in . . . well forever. :)  While I was busy cleaning, Erik took the kids to a Dr. Seuss event that the library put on.  The kids saw the Staker kids over there which I'm sure made it more fun :)

Not sure if I would call it a tradition, but like last year I let the kids pick out one new Dr. Seuss book to add to our collection.  I guess we'll stop once we've gotten all of the good ones?
And then Jackson had a pretty special guest at his school this week.  Debra Frasier, the children's book author, visited Greenwood Mill for a couple of days this week.  It was interrupted by the snow storm, which is too bad they lost a day of school with her.  On Thursday night the school invited families to come and make art work done in the style of her work.  I had a Beehive visit I needed to do, so once again Erik took the kids.  He's so great, right?  I guess when he walked in Debra Frasier made a comment like every parent is required to participate except the Dad that walked in with the three little kids.  I think Erik did end up helping them though :)


Jackson's and Wyatt's signed books.  I hope that this is the start of a trend of authors coming to Greenwood Mill!


Comments

Molly said…
looks like a good way to celebrate dr seuss and what a good dad erik is too!
Amber Marie said…
that is so cool! i wish our school would bring in authors. anna just kills me in every picture. she is so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures