Epcot


Wednesday was our day at Epcot.  Same morning schedule as the other two days.  I forgot to take a picture of the present from Mickey, but for the boys it was Oz The Great and Powerful note cards (they love that movie) and a Mickey pen.  And for Anna is was a set of little figures from the movie Snow White.




I didn't take as many pictures before our rides on Wednesday.  I know we went straight to Soarin' first.  I love that ride.  It was fun to go on with Jackson, Wyatt, and Erik.  Then Janet and Robert took Jackson again.  We went on a couple of other little rides over in that section.  Then we went over to Spaceship Earth.   There were two options, the more intense version that spins you very fast (the ride is a simulation of going into deep space), or the one without the spins.  Knowing how car sick I got, it was a no-brainer which optioned I chose.  Jackson went on both versions and said he liked the more intense one more :)




Stopping for a quick cool down :)



I just couldn't over the fact that I was able to wear sandals in February.  My pasty white skin wasn't the prettiest to look at it, but it sure felt good to have the sun shine right on it :)

We had a fast pass for Test Track, but the ride was closed down so we went straight to the Nemo section.  The ride is really cute and we all enjoyed the Turtle Talk with Crush interactive show.

Uh-oh looks like Bruce needs an intervention! ;)

Wyatt showing me his "deep sea fish face"



Since we had a late lunch scheduled, we decided it was time to use a snack credit and most everyone got an ice cream.  Yum, Mickey bars!

As we entered the World Showcase and started to browse around the Mexico section, we noticed there wasn't a big line to meet "Mexican Donald" so we stopped to say hello and get an autograph :)





There was a cute little ride in "Mexico" we did a little coloring at the kid craft stop, and then headed over to "Norway" for our lunch reservation at Akershus.
This was the princess storybook lunch and it was a lot of fun.  When we first walked in, we met Belle and had a picture with her.  Anna (and OK me too) were mesmerized by her beautiful ball gown :)


Oops, this is out of order: pictures from our trip to "Mexico"




So first of all the lunch was very delicious!  There was an appetizer buffet with lots of salads, fish, meats, cheeses, fruits, and breads that could have been more than enough for our meals.  Then we each got to order a main course.  I tried the Norwegian meatballs that were very tasy.

And I found the character interaction to be much easier with more adults than children!  All of the princesses were fun to talk with, but I have to say Princess Auora was my least favorite.  She was kind of boring.






Wyatt gamely went along and took a photo with Belle and Aurora, but I think that was two many princesses too many and after that he was fine just to watch Anna and Jackson get a picture with them :)


Snow White was my favorite at Akershus!  She was so funny and sweet.  I love it when the princesses really get into character.

Midway through the meal, there was a parade for all of the princesses and kids.  It was cute to watch.







So after all of the princesses had come by our table, Janet mentioned that she kind of wished that she got a picture with Snow White (who is her favorite princess), so I asked the hostess if Snow White could come back to our table and she did.  I was more than willing to take a picture with her too! :)
So fun!

The boys loved the Phineas and Ferb interactive phone that we picked up in the World Showcase.  You could choose different missions to go on and then hunt for clues.  They took turns holding the phone and just loved it.


Searching for a clue in "China"





Meeting Mulan!  I love that movie-- especially the Donny Osmond song :)












I always have a weird picture expression on my face when I take a picture with the characters haha

Robert, Janet, Erik, and Anna stayed behind to watch some Chinese acrobats as the boys and I searched for clues in Germany.  The boys also split a gigantic soft pretzel.


Once we met back up, we found out that Test Track was finally up and running, so we went back over there to ride it.  It was a fun ride, and absolutely perfect for Wyatt!


They loved the show room after the ride!







Can't you just see the pure happiness on Wyatt's face??









Anna slept through all of us riding Test Track (we switched off watching her in the stroller), and then she woke up just in time to spend some time with Grammy and Poppy.  They had an extra sit down credit to use since their flight was to leave early Saturday morning when we had our last meal scheduled.  So they had booked a dinner at Rose and Crown in the England section the night before.  At Epcot though, they offered to watch the kids for Erik and I to use it ourselves.  It was so generous of them and such great fun to go on a little date with Erik that evening.



Looking around the buildings in "England" waiting for our table at Rose and Crown.

It was a fun meal-- and super delicious!




We then decided that Anna and Wyatt would be better off going back to the hotel for a reasonable bedtime, since we were having an even earlier morning on Thursday.  Erik was being very sweet and said he wanted me to enjoy the fiireworks show so, he took the kids back while I stayed with Jackson, Robert, and Janet.  




It was such a joy to spend some quality time with Jackson.  Several times an announcer came on saying that the show was about to start and because the parks lights would be dimmed you should take your small children by the hand.  Whenever Jackson heard that announcement, he would grab my hand and hold it for awhile. It was just about the sweetest thing and one of my favorite memories from the week :)




The fireworks show was great!  Very beautiful and spectacular.  Disney definitely knows how to do fireworks!





Comments

Molly said…
fun to see all the princesses without having to wait in line to see them (i remember nick standing in a 2+ hour line holding baby max so his girls could meet the princesses!)
how nice that you and erik got a date night at disney! and jackson holding your hand is just too sweet

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures