Visit From Grandpa and Grandmother and Jackson's Birthday
On Monday the 27th, Jackson shockingly had school :) It was however a 2 hour delay so before it was time for him and Wyatt to get to school we went to the scouting office and decked Jackson out for his first cub scout meeting. As soon as he came home from school that day he put it all on. :)
Tuesday the 28th was his birthday! I should mention that my parents were scheduled were to come in the night before, but their flight got canceled :( I was sad that they weren't going to be here for Jackson's actual birthday as planned (dang winter weather).
His day was still fun though! He woke up to a birthday balloon and birthday cereal. Oh and I decorated the dining room with our new birthday bunting that Janet made us :) Erik and the kids and I met him at school for lunch.
I always get so sentimental on my children's birthdays. I can't believe how big and old
Jackson seems now. It wasn't that long ago that I was bouncing him to sleep was it???
Jackson seems now. It wasn't that long ago that I was bouncing him to sleep was it???
And watching Finding Nemo that afternoon definitely contributed to my sentimental feeling. That happened to be the movie Anna and Wyatt picked for their afternoon rest time. When Jackson came home from the bus, he finished the movie with us. As I was watching the movie, cuddled up to Jackson, I couldn't help but think of when I watched Finding Nemo at the hospital when I was induced for Jackson. Finding Nemo is one of my all time favorite movies-- the music is so beautiful beautiful and soothing to me. I brought the DVD with me to the hospital to help me calm my nerves and make me feel happy. I think I watched it two or three times while I was waiting in that hospital room, all hooked up, just waiting, waiting, waiting for our beloved little boy to make his appearance. :)
We let Jackson pick his activities for the evening. He picked taekwodo, I think because he finds Master Kim's birthday spanks quite funny. Well, in the end, Jackson never told Master Kim it was his birthday so he never got his spanks :) For dinner can you guess what Jackson picked? Yup, McDonalds!
And then Jackson picked to go to Millbrook's JV girl's basketball game. We had been wanting to go to one of Laken Nordin's home game for awhile, and Jackson decided he wanted to go that night. It was a lot of fun!
And then that night, my parents came into town! It was so great seeing them! It didn't take long for the kids to start playing with (or wearing out ;) Grandpa or Grandmother!
Wednesday night, Jackson finally got to Cub Scouts. Normally, I would have gone to YW that night, but with my parents here for such a short time I asked to stay home.
I thought it was cute seeing my Dad taking pictures of Jackson.
Anna and Wyatt realized that everything they did (even banging pots and pans) was cool to Grandpa and Grandmother, so they often started spontaneous dance parties.
On Thursday after school, we went straight to the movie theater to see Frozen. For the third time! I can't wait until that movie comes out on DVD!
Anna had a lot of fun dancing in the theater to the closing credits.
That evening Erik and I took Jackson to his bishop's interview for his baptism while my parents watched Anna and Wyatt. After the interview, we went to Cracker Barrell for dinner. It was wonderful to spend some special time with him.
And on Friday evening Janet and Robert returned. Just in time for Jackson's family birthday celebration. We had Costco pizza, a chaser, and cupcakes and ice cream.
We were all remarking that the last time we had the grandparents over for a child's birthday was when Jackson turned 4, and we lived in Visalia. I sure wish we lived closer to everyone!
Comments