Going Home

Saturday morning came and that meant it was our last morning at Disney World! :( For the last day, Mickey went all out and left the kids some plushes as their last souvenir :)

We had to have all of our bags packed and we checked them into a luggage room for our morning at Magic Kindgom.


Last bus ride.  It was a drizzly morning, but manageable. Not as bad as Friday morning.


I'm sure everyone including my own family will be so sick of seeing pictures of us in front of the castle, but I can't help it!  Although, with these you can really see the crane.




Oh and I forgot to mention that the reason there are not too many people around us is because we had a reservation for breakfast inside the castle at 8:15!  It was so cool to get to walk onto Main Street with hardly anyone there.  I even let the Disney photopass photographer suggest cheesy poses for me to try haha

I love these of Wyatt! 



Haha I'm not quite sure why the kids are doing the President Nixon pose!  They sure look adorable though.  I tried to get Jackson to do a solo picture in front of the castle, but he said he would only do it if Anna posed with him.



Lovey-dovey pictures :) 





Haha this would be one of the cheesy poses :)

Main Street totally empty!

We were so excited to walk up to the castle for our breakfast.  I actually tried to change our breakfast to a different place since we were running out of dining credits and the Cinderella's Royal Table requires double credits.  However, I had already told the kids that we would eat in the castle and they were so excited to do it, so I felt bad about then changing it.



As we walked into the restaurant, I loved seeing the bride and groom taking wedding photographs.


The first thing you do at Cinderella's Royal Table is meet with Cinderella.  It was kind of fun seeing her in something different.  I noticed that an hour later, as we were on our way out, she had changed into her normal blue Cinderella dress.



And I can write this story in my own blog right?   Just like with the Belle photo, there was audible "aww" when Anna sat by Cinderella for her picture.  In fact while we were eating one Mom came up to me and said she saw Anna take her picture with Cinderella and couldn't get over how cute she was and wanted to take a picture of Anna herself, even though she wasn't her Mom! haha



There were lots and lots of little girls dressed as princesses there!


The service really was great there. I don't think our drinks were ever even half way empty for long, and even though we didn't pay for Anna (as she is under 3), she was able to order her own plate of French toast and eat from the plates of pastries and fruit that we had at our table.


The kids loved their souvenirs from the meal as well.  They each got a "wishing star," Anna got a special princess wishing wand and the boys got knight swords :)  A couple of times during the meal, the princesses led the children in a "wishing ceremony" that was cute.


Because we had already gotten the autographs with all of the princesses previously, it was much more relaxing when they came and visited our table.  Once again, Aurora was my least favorite . . maybe it's the movie?  Is she a super boring character in that movie??


Look at that, Wyatt's in a picture with a princess! :)





Waiting for the next princess by doing a selfie photo shoot :)  Anna was really getting into it!

Oh gosh, I hate the duck face I don't know how this happened.  It's like while taking a selfie it just comes out automatically :)



And I have to admit, Jasmine isn't my favorite real life princess either.  Although I did like this girl's personality more than the one at Akershus.


  
Do you think we had to put the wands and swords away at the table while we finished our meal?  Yeah, we did!


I told Jackson that when Ariel came by he should tell her what his Dad's name is.  So Jackson did and Ariel said to Erik, "Oh well do you want to take your picture with me?"  It was really funny.  This Ariel was my favorite of the morning by far.


I mapped out a little plan for the rest of our morning.  We each got to pick our favorite ride to ride again.  Wyatt picked Peter Pan, Anna picked Under the Sea, Jackson picked Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Erik and I picked Space Mountain.  Wyatt picked meeting Mickey Mouse as well.  (Again Jackson wanted Pluto, but I couldn't fast pass that one and we didn't have time to wait in a long line) Prince Charming's Regal Carousel, Winnie the Pooh, meeting Buzz Lightyear, Tea Cups, and the People Mover were bonuses.

  

I do love the Winnie the Pooh ride.






Wyatt was giving a show to the parents watching the ride by being quite excited and exuberant yelling, "Yeehaw!!"


I loved how Anna was riding her horse and waving a sword like a warrior princess :)



I was so happy that Anna chose Under the Sea :)

While Erik and Jackson rode Space Mountain, I took Anna and Wyatt on the People Mover.  That was actually a pretty fun, pleasant ride.  Wyatt loved that the ride went through the Space Mountain ride, so that he could see what it was kind of about without riding it.  While I rode Space Mountain by myself, Erik took the kids on the Teacups (so happy I didn't have to!)

Anna kept asking if it was going to drop.  Poor girl couldn't shake the Rapids ride from Thursday!

So I find it kind of funny that as the days went by, I looked more and more haggard.  Apparently Disney World with it's humid air, or rainy skies, sleep deprivation, rich and big meals, and over tired bodies is not the place to look my best! haha oh well.




Erik didn't have a fast pass for meeting Mickey so while we did that he went to search for one of those giant Turkey legs (he never found one).


Out of order: me by myself on Space Mountain.  It's really not as fun to ride by yourself.  Especially in the very back.

Meeting Buzz Lightyear.




Meeting Mickey was so much fun.  He talked! I had heard that this Mickey talked, but is sometimes glitchy so you never know if he will or not.  I was happy that he did to us.





He told us that he had just been on the teacups (which the kids were excited about because they were just on them as well!) and he said that he loved to spin around. Then he asked us to spin with him, so we did!





Yay for Mickey!




After Mickey, it was all kind of a mad dash.  Erik took Jackson to ride Thunder Mountain (I had already ridden it by myself that morning) I stayed with Anna and Wyatt at the Main Street Confectionery while we picked up some treats to use up our remaining snack credits.


Then we went on the bus back to the hotel to get some lunch before our bus ride to the airport.  We couldn't believe it when we walked into the lobby and saw several characters there greeting kids!  (in the picture above Wyatt was doing an impression of Pluto)  There were just two families in front of us for Pluto so we decided to see him.  Unfortunately we didn't have the kids autograph books or Jackson who was the one that wanted to see Pluto the most!

  


We had a really quick lunch once Jackson and Erik returned and then while I took the kids to the bathroom (and Erik loaded our stuff onto the bus), we saw Jafar with no line, so Jackson went up to him to get his autograph.  It was kind of fun greeting a villan!


Haha I love the way Jafar got Jackson to pose like this, it was really funny.

And then we boarded the bus (a couple of minutes late, Erik was freaking out).  We got to the airport which for some reason was a zoo!  We barely had time to get through security and board our plane!  Our flight home was uneventful.  Once I sat down on the plane, I realized how very. very. very tired I was.  I don't think I could have stayed at Disney World any longer than we did.  Well, if we did I would have needed a couple of chill days with no parks!

I really can't even say how much I loved our first trip to Disney World.  It really was everything I imagined it would be.  If it wasn't so crazy expensive and far away, I would go again this year! :)  Maybe in a few years, we will try this adventure again . . .

Comments

Kelsey said…
Loved all the pictures! Smart move in getting the picture deal, but I don't think we'll go until they have a blog option too- where they write up your whole trip for you, it made me tired just thinking about having to do it. Way to get it done so quick!
Molly said…
looks like a fun (but exhausting too haha) trip!! so i love love love mary poppins too and ariel and winnie the pooh, but i also LOVE aurora, i always thought she was gorgegous and love the movie ;)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures