Hollywood Studios
Tuesday morning, Mickey brought the boys a couple of little Star Wars toys and Anna a Doc McStuffins blanket :)
We were out to the buses at a little before 8:00am again in time to get to Hollywood Studios well before opening at 9:00am. The game plan was for me and the boys to go directly to Jedi Training sign ups (which fill up very fast). And then the rest were to go to Toy Story Midway Mania ride which is the ride that gets the longest lines.
So the boys and I booked it to the Jedi sign ups and we were still stuck in a 45 minute line! I couldn't believe how fast that line formed. I was trying to be creative in keeping our spirits up (and staving off boredom!) with eye spy and alphabet games, however that only lasted so long. Finally they started to whine and I realized if I tried to take a picture of their sad, whiny face it immediately turned into a smiley one :)
And finally we were given a ticket! It was for a different time slot than the one I wanted, so our day's plan was kind of messed up. However, I was so happy that the boys even got in b/c this was a must do for them!
After meeting back up with everyone, the boys really needed to let loose after that long line, so Erik took the kids to the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground" while Janet, Robert, and I went on a fun movie ride that takes you past different sets and scenes of classic movies. It was cute.
We then went into the Indiana Jones show. Anna was not feeling it though, so I took her out to get a snack and walk around.
We posed for a couple of pictures.
And played with some hula-hoops.
And then we went to the thing I was most excited for Anna to do, a lunch with the Disney Jr. characters. Most importantly Doc McStuffins! Originally we all had scheduled a lunch at an Italian place. With the Italian lunch we were getting priority seating at the Fantasmic show that night. I knew that the priority seating would be nice to prevent the kids from having to wait in a long line to see the night show so I kept the Italian lunch for everyone else and I figured I would just see the night show by myself and wait in a line for it. That was worth it for me though, to see Anna light up meeting Doc!
As soon as we sat down, there was a little dance party going on that Anna had a lot of fun watching.
And then Doc McStuffins came! So this was my first experience with a true character meal and let me just tell you, I was not prepared. Between getting Anna's autograph book opened where it needed to be, handing Doc the opened sharpie, talking to Anna and taking their picture (and I couldn't even find my camera among all our things!), there was just a lot to deal with! Luckily, it all worked out and by the end I understood the system a bit better, but a relaxing lunch, it was not. :)
Anna however, couldn't have been happier!
Sofia!
Handy Manny!
Such a fun lunch with my girl!
There was a rush to get the boys their Jedi Training ticket in time after our lunch, but they got to their training in time and it was cute seeing them with the other kids paying close attention to what they needed to do.
And then we watched the show. It was really cute and perfect for our boys.
Receiving their diploma. They are ready to take on the Dark Side! :)
Going over to the 3D Muppet show. Loved the Muppet fountain :)
This girl slept and woke up just in time for the Disney Jr. puppet show. She was pretty excited about that too. Wyatt liked it as well. Jackson, Robert, and Erik went to Rock and Roller Coaster.
Because the boys and I missed Toy Story Midway Mania early in the day we fast passed it for that afternoon. I took Anna so Erik could enjoy the movie stunt show with his parents however I wish I hadn't. It made it so Anna had to sit on my lap and she wouldn't let me be in control of the games on the ride! :)
We noticed that the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet had hardly a wait, so we stopped to let the kids add another autograph to their book.
A couple of ride photos. Erik, Robert, Janet, and Jackson went on the Tower of Terror first and then Jackson, Erik, and I went on. It was scary! It's one of those rides where you never know when it's going to drop down and when it's going to stop. I was seriously shaking like a leaf by the time it was over (but it was still fun).
Robert, Erik, and Jackson on the Rock and Roller Coaster. This picture makes me laugh.
So I did have to stay in a long line and sit by myself for Fantasmic. I'm so glad that the kids didn't have to though, because I know they wouldn't have done well. I was so tired of standing close to stinky people by the time we were able to go into the theater. :) The show was really cool!
And of course pictures of a light, water, and music show are lame.
So Erik really wanted me to go on the Rock and Roller Coaster and we decided we would meet at the ride as soon as the show was over, so I booked it and beat the crowds out of the theater. However, I found out once I was out that all of the rides were closed already! So sadly I didn't get to ride it. I did however get a lot of solo people watching time while I waited for everyone else to get out of the theater and take the kids to the bathroom :)
We got home at about 9:30 and were all happy but exhausted.







.jpeg)



































Comments
bet anna loved all the disney jr characters, all of my kids love those shows! even my 9 year old :)