Fun, Busy Summer Week
This post will probably be too long, but I don't feel like splitting it up. Our weeks of summer vacation are certainly winding down. As I write this post, we only have two more left! This all happened two weeks ago though.
I had been really looking forward to seeing the Herriman community production of Beauty and the Beast. Kathryn, Clark, Ella, Anne, and Henry came to join us as well.
We really didn't get there early enough to get good seats. We brought camp chairs, so we set those up, but we were much too low to see well. I mostly just stood up for the first half in the back
I had bought this Beauty and the Beast shirt for a couple dollars on clearance planning to save it for Disney World next Feb., but decided Anna should wear it to see the play :)
The younger kids were a little antsy during the first half. I'm sure I would be too if I couldn't really see much of the play! I let them just run around the grassy area that was directly behind the seating.
After intermission, we scooted our camping chairs to the side of the second row and had much better visibility!
We also were right by the orchestra which was fun. I just can't say enough about the talent level that was on display by every person in this production. It really was amazing!
Because it was the last show of the production, the souvenirs they were selling were only $1. Anna loved her beauty and the beast necklace I got for her and the other girl cousins. Sadly the charm popped off the necklace within 10 minutes haha A little hot glue gun a few days later, and it was like new :)
OK, I am not ashamed to admit that I was totally crying at the end of this play haha This movie meant so much to me growing up and to see the emotion on the actors' faces as they took their bow (again it was their last night) just did me in!
Anna has been obsessed with drawing and coloring lately. I finally put up some art supplies right in the dining room, so she can just get some on her own when she wants. One afternoon she was going to town painting and coloring and with her cute hat and smile on, I couldn't resist taking some pictures.
Oh gosh my boys and their writing. This one was an apology of sorts from Jackson to Wyatt. I told him that he needed to write things that would make Wyatt feel better. Well, Wyatt loves it when people talk in accents so it says, "Wyatt, I never punch you again. I am really sorry. I love you. You are really handsome. I'll talk like a cowboy one day. I'll talk like a transformer one day." Oh and the handsome remark did NOT make Wyatt happy. They make me laugh.
For a few years, I have been wanting a water backpack for my half marathon trainings, and I finally treated myself to one :) I used it for the first time for an eight mile run last Friday and I really liked it! It was so much better than the water belt I used a few years ago.
Poor Maverick had an operation. Hopefully this will remove that growth on his back for good. It's always stressful when he is healing though. Last week, he did bust open his stitches, so I had to bring him back in for staples. This week the staples will be removed and the skin should have grown together.
I always think it's funny to find serious selfies from Wyatt on my phone.
I'm used to it now, but I seriously couldn't over how ridiculous Maverick looked in a T shirt. The vet recommended that we put a shirt on him while he heals.
We had the van detailed clean, so we can put it up on KSL to sell it, and it was so funny to see the kids reaction to seeing it again. (It has just been parked in the back of our lot, but the kids just didn't really see it much there). They all wanted to ride in it, and talked about how much they missed it. I actually feel the same way-- that van has seeing me through so much! :)
I had the Coles over for a late over one evening, so we all went to get some ice cream at McDonalds for a treat.
Another morning spent at the reservoir. This time we were there with a few Moms and kids from the ward. I also had never known there was a snack shop there, so I let the kids each pick out a candy.
After the reservoir a bunch of kids came over to play.
We got to see my nephew Jake get his Eagle Scout award. It's so crazy to think he is going to be going off to college this fall!
Sleep kids are peacefull kids :)
Brittany brought Austin over, so we could have him over for a night. Because it was Pioneer Day, Erik just worked a half day and then we all went to the Aquarium. He had never gone!
The baby penguins are so fun to see!
That afternoon, I got some pretty exciting mail: Disney mail! I'm getting pretty excited about my Princess Half Marathon/Family vacation we are going to go on. And because it is a crazy Disney World vacation, I am already planning what days we will do what and what meals we will eat when with the family because I have to book the dining in two weeks!
The four wheeler has made an appearance back at our house! This is the four wheeler that Erik brought from his college friend Jon Greene when we lived in Idaho, then when we moved he sold it to his Dad, and now he has bought it back again :) The kids have been loving it!
Pioneer Day fireworks fun!
Wyatt and Anna were HYPER! Erik put some of his music (country of course haha) and they were dancing around the lawn like crazy!
Jackson got to light off the last Roman Candle :)
Comments