Don't Think I have the energy, to add to my already mad rush; Just cause it's 'tis the season.
Our ward has a hilarious way of "elfing" people. These creepy dudes are dropped off at your door step anonymously along with treats and the elf paper. I'm glad we didn't get in on Christmas Eve, that sucker has to keep until the next Christmas season haha
I told Wyatt to give me a scared face and he sure did!
A good bye note from Susan our elf. Her sister Sarah still was our elf though!
Anna and I got invited to a fun play group, making these cute little gingerbread houses. There is something to be said for pre-assembled gingerbread houses for sure!
I have been loving this book this year! It is such a sweet story. I decided to get a bunch of copies and poinsettia ornaments to pass out as some of the neighbor gifts and teacher gifts.
Anna was pretty excited about her new matching outfit we picked out at Costco. I really need to stop taking her shopping with me!
Jackson was supposed to dress up for a field trip to the high school symphony. This is the absolute dressiest I could get on him! He refused to wear church clothes. I guess jeans are a step up from the athletic pants he wears every day!
Sarah with her twin brother Sam! He came to be our elf as well and he brought us Ant Man! :)
I was in charge of Jackson's class party, and though it caused me quite a bit of stress lining everything up, it turned out really great! I was too busy to bother with taking good pictures though ;)
And I forgot to take a picture of the third activity: a craft to make beaded candy cane ornaments.
Right after the class party, I went straight into Wyatt's classroom to help with an art project they were doing. Then we rushed home to finish getting ready for our gingerbread house party.
The noise level in this house was pretty unreal!
Cutie-pies :)
The finished products.
Right after the party, I layed motionless for exactly 30 minutes (I set my alarm haha) and then rounded the kids up to drive to Midvale to Erik's work bowling party. He did a great charge planning it all. I loved the Buca di Beppa Italian food that was there :) And it was fun because Logan and Sydney were there! I forgot that they would be.
Right after the party, I went to the church to help set up for the ward Christmas breakfast which the RS was in charge of. There are some really talented people that came up with a really cute theme (an "old fashioned Christmas") and then did a fabulous job decorating. All I had to do was grunt work. When I got home around 10:00pm, I made a breakfast casserole I signed up for, and then I completely collapsed into bed which what I was pretty sure was the beginning of a yucky, achy cold. I seriously overdid it that day, and it taught me that less is more sometimes. It's hard to say no, especially this time of year when there are so many fun activities to do with the kids.
Comments