The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer is by Singing Loud for All to Hear

Well I did get super sick (though not throwing up thankfully!), but NOTHING was going to stop me from seeing Anna perform at the Dickens Festival!  It was pretty fun to do her slicked back hair and put makeup on her.  Thank goodness I think beauty pageants are abhorrent, because I had way too much fun doing that-- I think I would get sucked into that whole world way too easily haha

 



Anna did such a great job!  She was not shy up on the stage at all.  She had a huge smile on her face, so I could tell she loved every second of it :)



Sarah and Sam's antics :)


Monday morning we woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow!  It really was gorgeous, but I felt sad I had to send the kids to school!

Anna was bringing me lots of wrapped "presents" while I was playing bills.  Little toys are so cute :)

And of course, one must face plant in the fresh snow as soon as one is home from school :)


They all played with friends in the snow and had a great time!


The next day, I did actually let the kids ditch school (the school district had declared it an "optional day" where parents could decided to keep kids out because of the snow, but there was school held).  We drove up to Roy to cute Manaia's 3rd birthday party.  Oh I forgot to mention that we came up on Sunday to celebrate her birthday too.
I should write this funny story from the week too.  I had been dreading Erik's work trip that he was taking.  He left early Tuesday morning for Wyoming where he was going to be hunting (pheasants I think?) Anyway, he was texting me throughout the day asking how I was.  Asking how the drive to Roy was (it was scary by the way-- too icy!).  When we got home from picking up Anna from dance at 7:00pm, I walked into the house and Erik was hiding behind the door ready to surprise me!  Surprise me he did!  I nearly had a heart attack!  Apparently they got up to Wyoming, but the little road they had to take to their place was close due to weather.  So they turned around and came back home!  I was soooooooooo happy to see him!  It was seriously the best Christmas present of the year!

Since Erik was home, he got to see Jackson's fourth grade Christmas concert.  I'm so happy that the school does this (they have great music teachers!).  I know Jackson will never willingly join a school choir (though I would love it if he proves me wrong!), so this is probably the only time he gets experience this type of thing.  I loved it so much!  They all sang great, knew lots of songs, and even busted out jingle bells on the recorder (which Jackson does love!).
 




 


Opening day of Star Wars was pretty exciting for us all-- including Sarah and Sam!

Jackson with his sugar drenched stack of pancakes on Friday  morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures