I Don't Care What Your Mama Says Christmas Time is Here
We woke up the day on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to snow! The boys immediately put their snow clothes on, but Anna was already headed for the bath, so she had to wait poor girl. After the bath of course she wanted to go out and play so I blow dried her hair for the first time ever. It was pretty fun! I can't believe how long her hair is, but actually it is shorter now. I gave her a much needed trim two days ago :)
Snow!
Wyatt lost another tooth while eating his corndog that day which was quite exciting!
Man, I love this boy :)
We met the Hunts up in Heber to ride the Polar Express. It was soooo fun! Seriously, we all had a blast! We sang our hearts out along with some fun elves (that served us hot chocolate), we met Mrs. Claus and she gave us delicious chocolate chip cookies, and of course we all got to meet Santa.
Great shot, Wyatt! ;)
The next day Anna gave her very first talk in Primary! She was so excited and did such a great job. When we were preparing it a few days earlier she told me what to say. What service means and why its important :) I was going to make her save her Christmas dress for the Sunday before Christmas, but then I decided that was kind of a dumb rule anyway, and let her wear it for her first talk :) I did however, convince her to leave Bitty Baby at home for church :)
That evening, Jackson found the old video camera and we busted out some old home movies. I can't even begin to describe the weird feeling of nostalgia that washed over me that night. Like it was so fun to see baby Jackson and baby Wyatt, but so incredibly sad at the same time. I'm never going to hold them and take care of them and comfort them the way I was able to do during those years. I was their WHOLE world and though it was challenging and exhausting it was also extremely rewarding. They were so cute and innocent. Seriously, if I have it this bad now, I can't imagine how I am going to be once I am an empty nester!!!
It was pretty cute to see a young vibrant Maverick licking all of over Wyatt too haha
Well Anna helped me get out of my nostalgia funk the next day with a trip to American Girl! I had a return to do, and she was more than willing to check it out.
Once she saw the Bitty Babies that were out, it was over! She loved playing with them!
Then she saw the American Girl doll dogs and she was obsessed with them! Unfortunately I don't think Santa is going to bring her one this year (she already sent her letter in!), but it was pretty cute to see how enchanted she was by them!
After a little shopping we had lunch at Chick-Fil-A and it officially became an awesome mother-daughter date :)
Comments