Happy Anniversary!

So 5 years ago today, Erik and I were married. Don't I look happy in this picture? I was. I knew that this was the first day of a really great chapter in my life. I knew that Erik and I complemented each other so well and would push each other to be better people and enjoy life. We are sooo different, but we seem to make it work despite and because of those differences. I love him so much and couldn't ask for a better husband! Here are just a few reasons why: He works so incredibly hard, both at work and at home. He supports my decisions and goals. He spends quality time with the kids and is almost always willing to give me a break if I need one. He is super friendly and loves to be around people. He is always willing to serve others and will not wait to be asked. He will watch almost any movie I want to watch including musicals. He will eat pretty much anything I cook and not complain. He respects and loves his parents. He can fix just about anything and if he can't he will figure it out until he does. I could seriously go on and on, but the point is I am one lucky woman! :)


P.S. So, this version of 'Till There Was You by the Beatles is one I really like and wanted for our wedding slide show. Erik seemed to like the song too, but it wasn't until much later (after our wedding and after I had played it around the apt a lot) that I found out he hates the song and just wanted to make me happy. Hahaha






Comments

Molly said…
Happy Anniversary!! Such a cute picture of you two! It really doesn't seem too long ago, we'd only been married 2 measley weeks ourselves!! Ohh, I miss the good ol' newlywed days when we all lived in Provo!! Hope you guys have a great Anniversary!!
Molly Kay said…
Hey that is such a great picture! You guys are so cute. I still remember the following summer when we all went to the lake and we were both just pretty newly wed! (Brent and I were VERY new)Happy Anniversary!
erin said…
hahahaha i swear on my life i remember that song from the wedding reception and thinking, "what is this? and erik must have agreed to be nice" thats hilarious. what a nice guy.
i also think its interesting that 5 years ago on the day that picture was taken... i didnt know you nor was i sure how to act around a new girl in the family (sorry..). now, 5 years later, i love you!
sally said…
jenny - it is so fun to hear you talk about erik...especially since some of those reasons are why we fell in love with him too! I love the memories of that summer. I love it that you two fell in love and got married and have a happy life...and i really love it that you and molly are still the closest of friends, she loves you so much and so do we. We have years of fun memories of you two little girls...(unlike just one summer of erik!)
Johnsons said…
Happy Anniversary guys!! I remember when it all began!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures