Tonight is the official end of our holiday vacation. Erik goes back to work tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty bummed. No more sleeping in (Erik took the boys almost every morning), no more lazy breakfasts of pancakes, no more multiple trips to the arcade/bowling alley/movie theater (what can I say, its Rexburg in the winter!) and . . no more sleeping in. Before I get too dreary, I should remember what my bishop said in testimony meeting today. He talked about how he loves Jan. because life is not about vacations. Real life is working and reaching goals and struggling and finding joy in that. I should remember that because I basically despise Jan! :)

On another sad front, we have officially entered in a new phase of parenthood where we need to know how to discipline. We are pretty much lost in what to do b/c Jackson says he likes time out whenever we give it to him, and that's pretty much where our discipline repertoire ends. I'm reading a book called Magic 1-2-3 and also The Parenting Breakthrough. I read the Happiest Toddler on the Block and its pretty funny but didn't work for us. Sooo, if anyone has any other suggestions on books or theories they'd be appreciated. Here's some pictures from the last few days:


Jackson was a pretty funny air hockey player, but he scared me half to death b/c he wouldn't keep his fingers off the board!


Fun in the snow.

This is a hat Erik used to wear when he was Jackson's age. I'm glad Erik's mom saved it- look how cute he looks?


Wild night out at the bowling alley :)




Jackson was a crazy bowler. He kept grabbing the bowling balls of the family next to us and throwing them into any lane that looked like fun. Good thing we didn't know anybody there!





Comments

Kaitlin said…
awww i LOVE the pic of jackson in erik's hat! and as for discipline...seriously you're just having to start this? i'm in for a rough road...iva has started the terrible two's waaaaaaaaay to early
Johnsons said…
January is a hard month for me too. Luckily this year we are going to Disney World with all of Jimmy's family next week. Hopefully that will make it go by faster.
Discipline is so hard with kids, because right when you think you have it down and things are going well, your kids hit a new phase and its like you have to start over. My cousin told me about the book Love and Logic, and I really really like it. It has seemed to work for us when I am not too lazy to follow through. Good luck.
erin said…
ohh just give him a big spanking! juuuuuust kidding!

is jacksons coat from old navy? i saw one like it the other day. i told kaitlin to buy it for her baby, but she didnt.

and you look skinny.
Amber Marie said…
Such a cute family and you are looking really great Jenny! The picture of Jackson in Erik's hat is so darling.

As for discipline...let me know what you learn :) Like you guys we start and begin with time-out!
Molly said…
Jackson looks so cute in Erik's hate and I love Wyatt all bundled in his snowsuit :)! So you hate January, what if I hate Jan.-March? haha, JK..uhm kind of!!! As for discipline?! I wish I knew the answers! Jessica cries and cries when we put her in time-out, Jordan likes time-out and sometimes puts HERSELF in time-out! Are you kidding me?! Kids!
Molly said…
Okay, I just thought of one very small suggestion for discipline. Jessica usually cries about time-out, but I soon discovered that when I say time-out if she doesn't help clean up her toys, she LIKES it!! UHm hello to her mother, of course she likes it, then she doesn't have to help :). SOo if she isn't being good with putting her toys away I threaten to take them away for a few days, works like a charm and she usually jumps right up to put them away! Sometimes thinking of a consequence that fits the wrong choice seems to work. But then again, we're struggling just like you for the right answers!!
Brent said…
The beatings will continue until moral improves.

Well I didn't know you guys had a blog. It's nice to see your family growing up.

See you next month

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures