Countdown to Takeoff

What a great weekend! Getting to do the parades and fireworks twice with the 4th and Pioneer Day is great :) Everything I do right now has an added sense of poignancy, because as some of you may know, on Saturday we are leaving Rexburg. Erik's last day with Stock is Friday, so we figured since there aren't many jobs around here to be had, we might as well go visit family while we look for a job in CA. Hopefully we can find someone to rent this house, since we haven't had ANY bites on it. I'm so sad to leave our good friends, this neighborhood, and the little Rexburg things I love, but I know things will work out how they're suppose to. Anyway, we are still taking it day by day. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, we'll know more!
At the splash park earlier this week. It was really chilly, because a thunderstorm was rolling in. Wyatt thought it was good fun to sit in it with his clothes on :)

Maverick killed another rock chuck. This dog is such a stud. He is getting rid of all the pests that usually eat my garden up.


Isn't feeding the ducks the best? I remember loving it when I was little. I'm trying to get a lot "Rexburg pictures" for Jackson of things we like to do here and friends he plays with, so I can make him his Rexburg book. I haven't really told him we are moving yet, so if anyone has suggestions on how to handle that with a 3 year old, please let me know!!
The Pioneer Day Parade. It was quite short this year, which suited me just fine since Wyatt was being very fussy (I think he's going through a growth spurt). Jackson is getting very adept at grabbing the candy before the other kids can get it, that's my boy!
Yesterday evening we went on our 3rd date is as many months which is a record for us! It really is so nice to get away for a bit and relax with Erik. We were using up some gift cards we had for a steak house in Idaho Falls, so we ordered a lot of food. The waiter thought we were the biggest pigs I'm sure, but it was fun :) Erik also, being the saver that he is, had over $350 in Sportsmen's Warehouse gift cards that he was able to use. He had a well deserved good time! After we got back, we lit some fireworks. Go fire!Pretty random, but I thought the sky looked really beautiful! I swear he almost burned his fingers off a dozen times!Enjoying the show




Jackson and Libby. This boy loves kids. We just got back from lunch at our neighbor's the Jeppesens--they have a little girl Jackson's age as well. As soon as we walked in the door, Jackson asked, "So who am I going to play with next?"

Comments

Stephanie said…
I always loved celebrating Pioneer Day in Salt Lake. Good luck with the job hunt. I hope everything works out and in the mean time you can enjoy time with your family :)
kathryn said…
Jenny, I feel really depressed reading your blog right now--I think the music accentuates the feeling too:( We are praying for you guys. You have such a faithful attitude!
erin said…
you look so so pretty in the second to last picture.
Molly said…
i feel the same as kathryn...made me so sad..your sweet cute life in rexburg...it is always so hard to let go of things. you're such a wonderful person jenny. you know i would LOVE to see you out here if you can get together!!!!
Molly said…
p.s. what on EARTH is a chuck rock??!
Johnsons said…
Man, you guys have an adventure ahead. It is always hard to say goodbye, but atleast you are heading closer to family. Good luck with the move and the job hunt. We will keep you in our prayers.
I am bummed you are going to Cali though, because we will be out in Utah in August and were hoping we would get to see you guys. :(
Tell Eric we said hi.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures