Sugar High

Well, Halloween is over!  I really like Halloween, but I'm almost happier when it is over, because that just means more fun holidays coming up!


Erik left on Monday for a work related trip in San Diego (he went straight from there to his hunting trip in Colardo).  Before he left, I made him dispose of our Jack O Lantern.  I had no idea that these guys couldn't hold up a week in the Visalia warmth.  We left ours out in Idaho for like a month, so this came as a little suprise for me.  I was so grossed out/fasincated that I had to take a picture.

On Wednesday night, I decided to drive up to Stockton with the boys and Maverick.  Our 2 1/2 hour drive turned into 4 hours with all of the stops we had to make.  But we finally made it.  Friday night was my parents' ward trunk or treat.  Can you tell what I am dressed as??  My Mom snipped of a branch from the lemon tree and I came as a "pumpkin"  I figured green on top, orange shirt-- good enough :) 

Wyatt of course, was a very adorable lion.  This was Jackson's first Halloween costume too.  I must say I love the Old Navy costumes for babies.  They are so affordable and so cuddly!  He actually wasn't too thrilled with it, unfortuantely.  He kept trying to take the hood off, but after a while he kind of just got used to it.

Jackson was my handsome cowboy.  This costume really fits Jackson's persona.  We bought him some boots on ebay, and as soon as they came in the mail he was wearing them 24/7.  He really only likes to wear his boots with his basketball shorts, so he can see the whole boot and not have them covered up with pesky pants.  Luckily, I have convinced him real cowboys wear pants :)  I put off sewing his chaps and vest together until Friday morning, so my Mom could help if I needed it. 


Saturday evening, we took them out trick or treating.  The first house we went to was way decked out with scary noises, life size mummies and mosters, lights,etc. and it freaked Jackson out!  For a few houses after that he would knock on the door then run away toward the drive way.  On this house, he was getting a lot braver!


My Mom pulling Wyatt in the wagon.  She is so good with the boys . . .


However, Wyatt really wanted to do the pushing himself!

Trying to get more pictures.

Finally a little cooperation!

For our celebration at home I made some spooky treats: swamp juice and a graveyard snack platter.  We also watched some of the Wizard of Oz which Jackson was so enthralled with.  I didn't let him watch the whole thing, because I thought the witch was a little too intense for him right now, but he was just staring at the TV without hardly blinking!  All in all it was a fun weekend.

Comments

Emily said…
I love Halloween! I'm glad you got to make it back to the Creekside Ward Trunk-or-treat. Good times :) Your boys looked so cute. That pumpkin was disgusting!
Stephanie said…
Trunk or Treats are always fun. Are you missing the Rexburg cold yet? :)
Jennie said…
How fun...I kind of thought you were dressed as Eve, but that may have entailed more or less accessories, haha! Jackson looks SO much like Erik! The costumes looked fabulous!
Kristen said…
Funny that you were a pumpkin, my first thought was also Eve! Not a bad idea....hmmmm.!
Kelsey said…
i really like that graveyard snack platter.
Molly said…
The boys look so cute! You're always so fun and festive! And really, you made quite the pretty pumpkin girl! And Creekside trunk-or-treating...those were the days :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures