What Happens In Vegas . . . Gets Put On My Blog

This Thanksgiving holiday was spent in Henderson, NV where Rebecca and her family live.  It was originally planned to be a whole family kind of deal, but as it turned out, life got in the way and only my parents, Derrick, and us made the trip.  But no matter how many Clements family members get together, it is always a blast: interesting topics of conversation, fun activities, yummy treats, and the joy of not really worrying about Jackson because he is so enamored with the Winsborrow cousins!

The drive down was surprisingly easy.  They just watched movies and about 2/3 of the in, they fell asleep, nice!

Our Thanksgiving feast was a little non traditional and Rebecca made "bobbies."  They are very delicious sandwiches made up of roast turkey, cornbread stuffing, and homemade cranberry sauce.  Of course there was also pumpkin pie at the end. :)  It was really nice to just focus on being with each other and not spending too much time preparing food.  The dinner we contributed was a Costco lasagna-- not my favorite gourmet meal, but simple!

On Thursday night, after the boys went to bed Erik, Rebecca, and I saw New Moon.  About 35% of me makes fun of and is a little blasé about the Twilight series.  However, that 65% really wanted to see it.  Erik had no clue about any of it, but he wanted to come along.  He actually enjoyed the movie, and it was so HILLARIOUS to see his indignant face after the movie ended.  He couldn't believe Bella picked Edward over Jacob.  On the way home, we explained the whole "Jacob imprinting on Bella and Edward's baby" thing, and he was sufficiently weirded out!

On Firday evening, some of us went to the Strip.  I started out totally enjoying it.  It was fun to see all of the flashy cars and blinged out buildings.  By the end of the night though, I was so annoyed by a) all of the trashy outfits b) all of the smoky casinos (why do they not ban smoking inside those things??) and c) all of those porn cards scattered on the sidewalk.  I'm sure being with lots of kids made me more aware of all of that.

Jackson was pretty proud of himself, being able to climb up the Sphinx like the other boys.  Thanks for helping him out, Derrick!

Well, why don't we all climb aboard?

We went to the shark exhibit in Madalay Bay which was really fun.  Wyatt loved seeing all of the cool sea life up close.

Jackson preferred touching the sting ray skeleton over the actualy sting rays that people were able to touch.  As expected, they are quite slimy.

 I couldn't help but think of the Jaws music while we were there.

 This backdrop was like the perfect Christmas card setting.  Too bad that we were not more coordinated in our outfits, well that and Jackson wouldn't look at the camera!


My parents with the ones they love best . . .  totally kidding!!!!

Derrick/Piggy Backer and Ethan traveling through the clouds of smoke . . .

Siblings :)

What a great example I have of a loving couple!

Rebeccas is always doing cute things with her kids.  Lately they have been having poetry slams, so we were invited to participate.  Everyone recited or read a little something, it was really enjoyable!  My mom mentioned that this was how people entertained themselves before movies, TV, or even radio and I thought, that really I could see myself liking a world like that (I'm starting to sound a bit Amish aren't I?)


We also did our Favorite Things.  This was modeled after, you guessed it, Oprah's yearly Favorite Things show.  We've done this once before, and it always is so much fun.  Here Owen is passing out one of his favorite things: potty training mints.

I took dozens and dozens of pictures of Wyatt on this swing, and it's funny because each one has Wyatt with a different expressions on his face.  He really does express so much without words!

Jackson enjoyed the carousel ride that we took on Saturday evening . . .

 . . . but I think Erik enjoyed it more!!

We really had a great time.  We left this morning at 6:00 am to beat the post-Thanksgiving traffic back to CA and I am so glad.  Even at that early hour, the roads were pretty full.  The kids didn't do as swimmingly on the drive back, and I had my first big swig of sour milk (so so so disgusting), but we made it back in one piece.  Now I have a very long but very fun list of all the Christmas things that need to get done.  Yay for the holiday season!

Comments

Kaitlin said…
holy cow funt thanksgiving! and why/where do you get your sour milk?
Kristen said…
Sounds like lots of fun! Rebecca and her family were in our ward in Lodi, she is awesome.
kathryn said…
That does look like a lot of fun! I'm sad we didn't make it. What fun holiday things are you doing? And I'm glad you got home in one peice.
erin said…
i feel like i havent seen you guys in such a long time, so im happy i get to in just a few weeks! p.s. i really really do love wyatts blonde hair :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures