Look Who's Five!

Jackson turned 5 yesterday!  It seems like we've been talking about Jackson being 5 for so many years now (school starts at this age and all) I can't believe it's here.  Jackson picked out the birthday breakfast: waffles, whipped cream, and strawberries.  He of course, had his cute embarrassed face on while Wyatt and I sang "Happy Birthday."

After Erik got home from work, we started our little family party.  Jackson and Wyatt were so excited for the chaser to begin!

Looking for the next present

The kids were moving so fast, a lot of the pictures turned out blurry.  I guess that captures what life is like around here with two energetic boys :)

Waiting for the next clue to be read

Found a big one in the basement!

Jackson did not mess around opening his presents.  He started before I could even turn the camera back on (do you like the Christmas wrapping paper?  Because of our snowy week, I didn't want to brave the roads and had to make do)


Can you see Wyatt in the background with the robot dog?  He was so excited about that.  Good thing his older brother is such a sharer!


I didn't capture very good pictures while he was opening his presents, but he was so cute to watch.  He got a couple of Spiderman presents (thanks Grammy and Poppy!) which has not left his side since!

 . . . and Wyatt is still trying to open the robot dog :)

blowing out the candles on his oreo cake.  He picked out the decorations he wanted on top and did a good job decorating it (with Wyatt's help).

I can't even do justice to Jackson's independent, funny, and sweet personality.  It has been such a blessing to be his mother and watch him develop.  Because he is so independent, it has brought certain challenges for sure (what child isn't challenging??).  If he feels he can do something, that's it.  It doesn't matter what Erik or I say to him!  He usually has pretty logical reasons for why he needs to do something contrary to what we're saying, but this isn't good obedience training!  This capable, independent personality can also be a huge help though.  He started trying to potty train Wyatt (seriously, all by himself).  He gets Wyatt out of his crib every morning (unless Wyatt's diaper is too wet), some mornings he even gets breakfast for the two of them!  Thursday he decided he wanted to mop the floors, so that's just what he did.  He cleaned the rooms, got the wet jet and went to town-- he even moved all the furniture on the wood floors so he could clean EVERY part of the floor (I was cooking dinner and didn't realize until after he moved the couches!).  He truly loves things to be logical, and when he's learning about the world around him, he will not be satisfied until I've answered everything to his satisfaction.

Some of his favorite things to do are: playing Scooby Doo, pirates, or Spiderman, playing outside, playing with Maverick, being read to.  He loves playing with friends.  His favorite shows are Danny Phantom, Scooby Doo, Spiderman.  He LOVES the songs from Aladdin and will ask me to play "One Jump Ahead" over and over and over.  He likes listening to loud rock songs with his Dad in the truck.  He loves to copy whatever Erik is doing.  He's a good brother to Wyatt with the occasional teasing sprinkled in.  He is my Jackson and has made my life so much better!

Comments

Molly said…
Happy Birthday to Jackson! I can't believe he's 5! Such a big birthday...I forget that Jessica and Jackson really are pretty close in age!(8 months apart?)Anyway loved reading all the cute things about his personality..does he want to come clean my wood floors too?! what a cutie...jessica saw these pictures and asked all about the "chaser" and if I knew how to do that too :) I told her I used to see you do them as a little girl at your home, but might need a reminder! Oh and my kids LOVE Zingo! My mom got them loving it years ago, cute game
erin said…
happy birthday jackson, we love you!
Kristen said…
I wish my boys would randomly decide to mop my floors! Jackson sounds like he is going to make a very good husband someday, you should be very proud of him! Happy Birthday Jackson!
kathryn said…
Jackson is a such a sweet boy! He looks so big too! I love those stories--what a cutie!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures