Destruction and Dates
Looking back we've had a pretty good week, but in the middle I wasn't so sure. A lot of it was the usual: feeling sick and throwing up a few times, not enough hours to get everything done, busy with our new callings, etc. BUT I have to say that for some reason Jackson seemed bent on being extra "curious" (ie destructive!).
On Monday morning while I was getting ready for the YW presidency to come over (my new calling is beehive advisor), I asked Wyatt what Jackson was up to. He told me that Jackson was cutting Maverick's hair? What? Sure enough I went downstairs to find that Jackson had indeed cut Maverick's hair. In the laundry room. With my kitchen scissors. And there was a disgusting trail of dog hair ALL OVER THE DOWNSTAIRS.
I had Jackson clean up the mess in the laundry room, and I tried to clean up the rest as best as I could before everyone got to the house . . . didn't quite work out. (By the way, I took the pictures when Jackson was off getting the vacuum)
On Tuesday morning, right before we were to leave for playgroup, I went into Jackson's room to see if he was ready and found his bed completely disassembled. Like the frame in several pieces on one side of his room. The box spring on another side. The mattress on a different side. Nice. I just decided to wash my hands of it, because there was no way this big pregnant body was going to lift everything back into place. Erik was very nice to fix it all that night. Jackson got TV taken away for the day for that one, but we did still go to playgroup. Thank goodness it was an activity where the boys could run and jump as much as they wanted. I was very thankful that they got some of that energy out there!
It was a great activity that we will probably go back to while the weather's still chilly. Twice a week at the rec. center they have Wee Gym (it's around the country too). The kids can go around to different stations like giant puzzles, mats to tumble on, little trampolines, lots of balls, tunnels, hula hoops, etc. Totally worth it for us.
And last night, we went on our THIRD date in THREE weeks. This is seriously unheard for us! I guess we're trying to load up before the baby is born. The date last night was kind of funny. We were planning on going to the Alamo, which is a movie theater that serves dinner (still not sure how I feel about that, but it does kill two birds with one stone). I was really excited to see "True Grit" before the Oscars in a couple of weeks. When we were just about there, I looked up the theater on Erik's phone to be sure that we had the right time, and saw that it was sold out! The other theater was only playing the movie at 10:30, and there were NO other movies worth seeing, so we decided to just eat dinner. I guess we should have figured because it was Valentine's weekend, but every restaurant had like a 60-100 minute wait time. Anyway, it was comical driving all over Winchester trying to find a restaurant. We finally found one and had a good time . . . it's always a good time with Erik :)
And just because I thought it was cute, here is a picture of Wyatt trying to "fix" Jackson's baseball pitcher. He loves tools just like his brother and Dad.
And a nice end to the weekend: making cookies with my two favorite little boys.
Comments