T Minus 3 Weeks
I'm sure this blog is going to ramble way too much for its own good, but I don't feel like seperating my thoughts into seperate posts. Our week has been really busy, but busy with good things . . . I like that. We had preschool at the house, and it went really well. We only do a lesson on one of the days (the other day is strictly a playgroup). It was on the 5 senses. I loved coming up with things that fit that theme. Wednesday and Friday the boys also had friends over as well, so they were quite the happy little social bugs!
I found lots of pictures on the camera that Jackson had taken during one of his play dates . . . grrr, but still kind of cute.
Wednesday was our ward's New Beginnings. I was so so thankful that Janet had baked the sugar cookies while she was here. All I had to do was frost and decorate them. Jackson thought it was great fun to help. He especially loved helping me make the seven different colors of frosting (for the YW value colors, I didn't do virtue's gold-- too close to orange). Anyway, the event itself was really cute and fun. The YW president here is super creative (glad I was just a worker bee and didn't have to come up with the whole thing!). I'm already loving working with the beehives and getting to know them.
On Friday when the Taylor kids were over, I noticed that Wyatt wanted to be near the baby, Hadley, quite a bit. It was really sweet to see him talk "baby talk" to her and give her things he thought she would like. Good practice for what's about to come!
And today Erik and I took the kids on some one-on-one dates. I was trying to think of what Wyatt would like and decided on the Pet Store (aka our winter time zoo) and a trip to browse Toys R US. It was so wonderful being able to focus on Wyatt and let him take charge. I think it felt weird for him at first to be without Jackson. Of course, it didn't take him long to realize how great it is to decide where to look and what to do for a change :)
Quite excited about the Bob the Builder ride at Toys R Us. I love that my kids just assume that we don't put money into these rides. They have just as much pretending to drive them anyway! :)
So many toys to look at!
I decided at the end to let him pick out a little toy. I was thankful that the thing he wanted more than anything else was a Thomas the Train pez dispenser! It was a great date-- Wyatt is such fun to be around.
For their activity, Erik took Jackson out to lunch and bowling. I asked Erik at least 3 times to make sure to take pictures on his phone. Did he remember? Nope, but I can imagine how delighted Jackson was. He LOVES bowling-- I know that it made him feel special. I'm looking forward to taking Jackson out next Saturday!
And here is my 36 weeks picture (it looks like I have arm pit sweat on this picture. I promise I do not!). I realized that I complain on on the blog way too much about my pregnancy, so I wanted to confirm that YES I am so happy and thankful to be pregnant. It is such an amazing opportunity to feel my child that I already love so dearly, growing inside of me. Even if I knew that my pregnancy was to be as hard as it has been for me, I would do at all again in a heartbeat. I just can't wait to see her.
I guess I'm in my nesting phase now too, because I'm on a tear getting stuff ready for her arrival. I finally broke down and bought a new dryer (we have a gas dryer and this house doesn't have gas hook ups, so we bought a cheap electric dyer off of Craig's list when we moved here. The problem is that it only dries the clothes about 65% of the way AFTER 200 minutes of drying!). I found a crib that we can borrow for a couple of months until Wyatt is ready for a bed (I know that Erik was happy about not having to buy another one of those!). I've been online clearance shopping like crazy, getting clothes she needs. And I'm kind of obsessed with detail cleaning the house right now (we all know THAT won't last too long!). Anyway, here's to (less than!) 3 more weeks of nesting :)

Comments