Grammy and Poppy

This past weekend we were treated with a visit from Bob and Janet.  As soon as I found out at Christmas time, that they were flying out here I was so excited.  I was happy to have something to look forward to post-holidays, and it's always nice to forget about pregnancy annoyances when there is family around!  Erik took Friday and Monday off, which added to the fun!

On Friday, we went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  I've been wanting to go there for a while.  It's amazing how much history is there.  It really takes you through the whole of aviation history, the history of planes in wars (it has the actual plane that dropped the nuclear bomb in Japan), and the history of our space program-- so interesting!

It was a great place to take kids to as well: lots of open space and nothing breakable within reach!


"Grammy" helped out so much by staying with the boys when I needed to sit down for a minute.  This place was big and my poor feet are just not used to the (almost) 50 lb. weight gain (so funny that I gain the same amount each pregnancy regardless of the circumstances!)


I loved these chairs they had every few yards :)

Like father, like son

Ugly maternity jeans? Check. Comfy shoes worn 24/7? Check.  Someone must be in the last month of pregnancy! :)


Erik and the boys went on a space flight simulator.  Jackson LOVED it!

Wyatt was a little nervous at first (the ride rocks and shakes quite a bit), but I think he was really proud of himself for doing it :)

The whole group


A Nyholm boy doggie pile.  Saturday was a fun day as well.  The boys went to Gander Mountain (a sportsman-type store) while Janet and I ran some errands.  I'm sure it wasn't the most exciting thing she could have done, but I thought it was great.  We went to the post office, Michael's, and the grocery store-- all stores that are TORTURE with kids!  We also went to Chipotle for lunch which always makes me happy!  That night the Taylors very sweetly watched the boys while Bob, Janet, Erik, and I went to the Olive Garden.  It was a nice evening.

And Janet came to the rescue again when she offered to help me make the 80 sugar cookies I'm in charge of for New Beginnings this Wednesday.  I was complaining that I was worried about this next week because of the cookies and preschool/play group that is at my house this week.  She right away said she would make the cookies and she did!  Seriously, a huge stress taken off.

We all loved having them here.  I'm so thankful for wonderful in laws that treat us so well (not to mention raised an absolutely amazing guy!).  Hopefully we will see them soon! :)

Comments

Molly said…
fun! glad you got some distraction from the end of pregnancy and so nice your mother-in-law was so helpful! looks like you guys all had a fun time together
erin said…
raised an absolutely amazing girl too, dont you think? :) hehehe

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures