It's My Party . . .

Jackson had his first "friend's birthday party" on Saturday.  We only invited his primary class plus one other little girl.  Because of the snow storm and some other events, just 3 came --the perfect primer for throwing a party for little kids :)

Can you guess the theme?  I couldn't believe that I ran out of black decorating gel, but I did, so only 8 cupcakes had the spider webs on them!

Oh well :)

The best streamer and balloon hanger :)

Playing "musical spider webs."  I didn't get a picture, but they also played pin the spider on the web.  It was fun to see how excited Jackson was to play those simple party games.
Jackson, Elijah, Taryn, and Wyatt at a safe distance while Joseph swung at the pinata.  4 and 5 year olds swinging at a pinata is always a little scary!

Jackson had quite the swing!

Wyatt's was more of a gentle tap :)

After multiple rounds, I suggested Erik help nudge things along.  They loved it when it finally broke.  I do feel bad about the whistles that were in the pinata filler.  I'm sure all of their mothers are loving me for that one!

Giving Jackson his birthday cupcake.

Ready to blow it out.
Feeling full after pizza, soda, pinata candy, and cupcakes.  Nothing like a party sugar high!  I'm so glad that Jackson has some good friends now.  That really makes a difference in feeling settled in.

Opening the presents!   I know that Jackson had a good time.  After everyone left I heard him sigh to himself, "this has been the birthday ever!"  Just what a mother loves to hear!

Comments

erin said…
awesome cupcakes, i love them! remember the year in rexburg that erik totally broke the pinata before anyone even really got a chance?
Molly said…
cute! what a nice mommmy cupcakes look pretty cool too :)
Tera said…
Cute ideas. I'm thinking about what I can do for Ben this year (he hasn't had a friend party yet, so I'm thinking maybe it's his turn).
Kaitlin said…
i REALLY like those cupcakes...what did you use for the spiders? and the pinata in the basement totally reminds me of jackson's birthdays in rexburg
Emily said…
Happy Birthday Jackson! Good job on the party Jen. I love planning birthday parties now. Pinatas are the best. I want one for my party!
Kelsey said…
i love the cupcakes...and I think I might be jealous when Jackson starts kindergarten this year
kathryn said…
That looks like a great party! Cute cupcakes too!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures