Happy Belated Groundhog Day!
The library here did a really cute groundhog day celebration on Wednesday. It was their kickoff to their winter reading program.
The puppet show was really cute. I thought they looked a lot like Muppets, and I love the Muppets! One of the songs they played was the Steve and Greg freeze dance. I have the most vivid memory of going to a Steve and Greg concert in kindergarten and watching Joey Rocha rock out . . . seriously I don't why I remember some things!
I also loved the lady that did the story telling. She kept the kid's attention so well. The library hasn't done story time for a couple of months, so we had never gone. I'm excited to go now.
My little groundhogs :) They had so many cute games and activities there. Wyatt's favorite was a "groundhog race." The kids controlled little zui zui pet hamsters on a race course. I think Jackson liked the tunnel they made that you crawled through. They ended the activities with ice cream. They told the kids that if the groundhog saw it's shadow they would get chocolate sauce on top-- of course he did! I think the real groundhog didn't see his shadow, which means spring right??
Tonight we watched the Taylors and Jackson thought it was the perfect opportunity to use the gingerbread kit that Janet gave us while she was here. The kids had a lot of fun with it, and I'm happy the candy got divided between 4 kids rather than just my two :)
Comments