10 Months
It really seems crazy to me that Anna is 10 months old. The first year really flys by!! I've always been one to be excited when my babies get a little older. That usually means more mobility (which seems to equal happier babies), more sleep, and more communication. Those things are still true with Anna, but I do feel like these past few months have just flown by, and I wouldn't have minded to savor itty bitty Anna a little longer.
These past two months could really be summed up in one word: teeth. This girl is growing a mouthful! She started out with her two bottom and pretty much at the same time her incisors up top came, followed by one of her front teeth, and I see her other front tooth, and a bottom tooth coming up as well! This has meant that we are back in the teething bib stage. She will drool her shirt soaking wet in just a few minutes time.
Anna is a mover! People often comment on what a fast crawler she is. It really is cute to see her little bum sashaying back and forth while speed crawling!
She continues to be a pretty easy going baby. While in California, she became very clingy and waking up every hour or two to nurse. I figured it was because of the traveling. However, her sleeping continued to bad after we got back. She also would not be her usual happy self on the floor playing and always wanted to be held. I figured it must be the explosion of teeth that were coming in. However, when she went to her well check last week, I learned she had two ear infections, one that was quite bad! It made me sad to think she had been suffering and I wasn't helping her. The day after starting antibiotics however, she went back to waking up every 4 hours, which isn't perfect but is much much better!
Drumming on the table. That has to be one of her favorite activities. She gets really excited if someone will drum with her! She also loves to bop around to the beat of music.
She seems to want to stand as much as she crawls now. She pulls herself up to play a lot.
Her eating is pretty good I would say. She loves the squeezy fruit packages. She also likes the yo baby yogurt, gnawing on big carrots, cheerios, those baby puff cereal things, mashed carrots, fishies, and frozen blueberries.
These stairs scare me with her. I haven't worked on them with her yet, but she is definitely interested in them! She can crawl up the stairs, but doesn't know how to get back down. Since the one leading up stairs is a long stair case that's wooden, I don't want to take my chances with her falling and have just had to be vigilant. It will be great once she learns how to back down! Luckily, the ones going down to the basement are carpeted, so I'll teach her on those.
Hmm . . what else? Basically, she is just a sweetheart and brings joys upon joys to our family!!
*I forgot to mention a couple of things: 1) she LOVES the bath. If she even sees the bathtub from an open door, she will bee line it straight to the tub and slap her arms up and down and excitedly. Once I realized she loved it so much, we've been doing more baths. 2) Her growth continues to be great. She's still pretty tall (90%), but I think with all of her movement her growth in weight has slowed (50%).
Comments