Feliz Navidad
On Thursday evening, we had our Christmas Eve. My Mom had gotten Christmas shirts for everyone to wear, which was fun to see.
Delicious dinner.
Our Martinelli toast.
Hmm . . . I think we need to work on our dinner manners!
Opening up the Christmas jammies!
Our family of superheros. I got the boys batman jammies and Anna and I wonder woman jammies. Too bad Anna was asleep for the big reveal!
If there's one thing I like most about a Stockton Christmas, it is our Christmas Eve program. I was a little worried starting our program this year that it wouldn't feel Christmas-y as we were doing it on the 29th. However, as soon as we had the opening prayer and song and as we all contributed to the program, it instantly felt right.
For our part this year, we picked the boy's favorite Christmas song this year (the Glee version of Santa Claus is coming to town- it's very Bruce Springsteen). I was happy that Wyatt showed his "rock out skills." He was soooo into it.
I love that my family danced around the living room!
Cool Alex playing his sax.
I wish I could play the piano
I'm pretty sure that's Alex not Andrew being Samuel the Lamanite while the other kids threw rocks and arrows at him. My Dad told the Christmas story from the point of view of those in the Americas as recorded in the Book of Mormon. I guess Elder Bednar talked about this while he was at the Stockton Stake Conference a couple of weeks ago, and my Dad brought up some of the insights that he learned. As he was talking and teaching, holding the children's attention so well, I couldn't help but feel a lump in my throat. I am so thankful to have my Dad as my father. His gospel knowledge and testimony have helped me through my life so much. This was probably my favorite memory of the whole vacation.
Laying out the stockings
"Christmas morning" waiting to go downstairs and see what Santa left.
Imaginext toys!
ha ha this picture cracks me up. Wyatt was none too pleased with Santa for the banana in his stocking :)
I loved the note and pictures that Jackson and Wyatt made for Santa
This little girl is so sneaky finding the candy!
Comments