Party Time!

Spider Man and Thor were happy to host yesterday's party.   

What a handsome Thor, much better looking than Chris Hemsworth. :)

Jackson has got the spidey pose down!
I have to have at least one shrine to the birthday boy at every child's party :)


Birthday Banner #2.  I don't think the kids were really impressed with my sewing skills, haha

Helpful Erik.  Speaking of help, Erik and I couldn't have gotten through the party without Andrea's help.  It was so nice of her to come and take pictures, help clean up messes, help break up super hero fights, etc, etc.  At least three adults should be required at all kid's parties!

I loved seeing how all of the kid's dressed up.  It is really wonderful to see the way their imagination is unlocked when they're dressed up in costumes! 
Elijah/Superman

Tanner/Batman

Xeo/Army Guy

Taryn/Spider Girl


Travis/Green Power Ranger

Annie/Spider Girl

Sydney/Dorothy.  She said Dorothy is her kind of super hero :)

Thomas/Batman.  I realized we didn't get a picture of Clay who an army guy as well.  Oh and Anna repeated her Halloween costume as Bat Baby :)

The first game didn't get photographed, but it was the Kryptonite game.  Two teams were required to carry balled up aluminum foil balls painted green to the other side of the room without ever touching them. 

Decorating their capes and masks.  I wish I got a group picture of everyone in their capes and masks, but they were drying for the rest of the party and were out of commission.

Bean Bag Attack!

You can't really seem them, but the bottles had pictures of villains taped on.  Jackson did an excellent job of coloring and cutting each one out on Thursday.

Next was balloon stomp.  Each balloon had an army guy inside (that were supposed to be villains)  One of them had a little sticker on the bottom, and whoever popped that balloon won.


Pinata time!  Erik made the garage nice and cozy with the garage heater, so it was comfortable.  Loud, but comfortable.

Anna being so patient during the craziness!

Present time.


I really lucked out and was able to send the kids outside to play since it was sunny and nice.  I thought pizza and cake/ice cream would take a good 30 minutes or 40 minutes, but boy was I wrong!  They were done in like 10!!

Trying to get Jackson to stop blowing out his candle before we finished singing " Happy Birthday"

OK, now you can blow, Jackson :)
In true Jackson fashion, he was quite opinionated about his cake.  For the third year running, he wanted strawberry, and he really wanted one of those big #6 candles.

Happy Birthday Jackson!  We really did have a fun time.  I think I may instate the tradition I had growing up where we could only do a "friend's party" every other year.  It really does take a lot of time planning and executing (not to mention the expense).  It seems that any spare moment this past week required some type of party job.  However, it was all worth it for my little super hero! :)

Comments

erin said…
i LOVE his spiderman poses. those are awesome. good work, party mom!
Kaitlin said…
a) i love the pic of you 3
b) i know this post isn'ta bout you, but you look FABULOUS! i love your shirt...where is it from?
Molly said…
looks like one fun party! i'm feeling pretty out of it with the superhero stuff though..i don't even know who thor is! parties are so much work though huh? i always feel like i need to just crash the next day!! oh and seriously jenny, you are looking teeny tiny!!! and beautiful as always :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures