6 Years
Guess who's finally 6? In some ways I can't believe I have a 6 year old, but on the other hand, knowing Jackson, I also can't believe he didn't turn 6 a couple of years ago :) We've been having a lot of fun celebrating his special day.
Last night we did a family party. Earlier in the week, I asked Jackson what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he answered Subway. I wasn't going to argue with that, because that means no work for me!
After dinner, we had our chaser. Gotta love that chaser.
Blowing out his subway cookies :)
I can see why parents are tempted to spoil their kids, because getting great reactions from them is so much fun! Jackson gave us some pretty good reactions this year too.
Wyatt enjoying his cookie
This was the one thing he really really wanted. He was very excited to have the black spider man costume for his party.
Play time!
I guess this is the fun part of Jackson's birthday post where I can update about him. Currently his favorite things are superheroes, power rangers, and sports (do you think he's a boy??). He absolutely loves school, and it's been so much fun to see the added maturity he has acquired since starting kindergarten. He gets along great and loves to play with his friends. He loves to create his own crafts and play computer games. He is getting great at reading and writing- though sometimes it's hard to get him to stay in one spot long enough to practice his writing.
He is a GREAT eater. Always willing to try new things. He has, what I think, is a pretty good pallet. I was just remembering the times when he was a toddler and it was just me and him. I NEVER made the traditional toddler foods like mac and cheese or nuggets. He would eat sun dried tomato pasta, sandwiches with vegetables loaded on, flax seed smoothies, ultra dark chocolate things- basically anything that I ate. I don't think I realized how easy I had it!!
He is a great help to me at the house. Luckily he got his Dad's cleaning genes, and will clean the heck out of his room. He puts every little thing in their proper place. Of course he doesn't always want to clean his room, but I can almost always get him to do with a little "coaxing." He is a super big brother to both Wyatt and Anna. They are truly lucky to have Jackson as an example and friend. I know he is mine!! I am so thankful that my Father in Heaven trusted me enough to send me Jackson and I can't wait to see what this next year brings him!
Comments