Pool Time

Last week was super hot!  With the humidity, many days felt well over 100 degrees!  As you can guess, we spent a lot of our time at the pool :)  I know I've said this, but I really like our neighborhood pool.  I've met some nice people there, and it's just so darn convenient.  And there's an awesome "baby pool" section.  I can also guarantee that at least one family from the ward will be there at any given time, which adds to the fun too (especially for the kids!).

I'm wondering if Anna is going through a growth spurt, because each day at the pool last week, she was constantly running to out snacks to get a mouthful.  That girl is already wearing size 3T, I'm not ready to buy her new clothes already (OK, well I am, but our budget isn't).
 
New day, new snack :)

I've been so pleased with the Wyatt has been enjoying the pool.  He discovered that wearing the floaties makes playing in the water much more fun (he had always been too nervous to wear them).  It's cute watching him paddle all over the "deep end," having a great time!  Though he is still adamant about not getting his face wet.  One of our friends from the ward that was there each day we were, decided to take it upon himself to be Wyatt's coach and was trying desperately to get Wyatt to put his face in.  He doesn't know Wyatt's stubborn side! :)

We also used up some of our guest passes last week.  On Thursday, Wyatt invited Aidan to swim with us and on Friday, Jackson invited Connor.  The kids love inviting friends, but it does make it a little more stressful for me to be the only adult watching all of them!  On Friday we had a sad mishap as well.  Jackson was jumping with some of the bigger boys that were there and I saw him jump off the side and do a flip.  Well as he flipped, my worst fear materialized before my eyes.  Jackson's head hit the side of the pool as he entered the water!  I ran over to him, and I was terrified that he was knocked out and was just going to float to the top! Luckily though, he did come up, but was quite hurt on his head.  Though there was no blood, he did have a giant goose egg.  We went home after that, and made a rule to only "pencil jump" or safely "cannon ball" from the side in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures