Family Reunion
Saturday morning we packed up and headed to Pennsylvania for the Logue family reunion.
See that DVD player up at the top of our mini van? Well it has been broken for about 2 years now, and we really don't have any intention of fixing it. We have a dual portable DVD player that we usually bring to long trips, but forgot it. Soooo, the kids had to make their own entertainment . . . like continuously wiggling out of their car seat straps! : /
And I kept myself entertained by painting my nails :) I was pretty surprised that Erik let me do this.
Dancing and play-fighting. Two of our favorites :)
We finally arrived at the family reunion about 3:30. Just in time for the traditional bag of clams. Jackson gave them a try, and decided he wasn't a fan!
Cornhole!
Lunch was super delicious. One of the Logues owns a BBQ restaurant and always caters the reunion. I heard that he won second place in a national BBQ competition. Trust me, this food was gooood.
Just like in years past, one of the highlights for our family is seeing the garage full of antique Caterpillar tractors. We were a little bummed when we saw that most of them had been auctioned off a while ago. There were still a few for the boys to fawn over though!
On the traditional hay ride! It was hot and sweaty just the way it should be! :)
Wyatt decided he wanted a little rest.
I always enjoy when the tractor ride stops at the awesome dog kennel. She trains and races in dog races including the Iditarod! It's always so fascinating to hear her talk about the training process.
Grammy! It was so nice seeing her-- she looked great! I felt a little bad for Anna though. At one point Erik said to the kids while we were outside playing, "should we go in and say hi to Grammy?" Anna got a huge excited smile on her face, and said "Grammy here?? Say hi to Grammy!" I knew immediately that Anna meant her Grammy and was a little confused when she wasn't there. Good thing we will see Grammy and Poppy in a few weeks!
As we were saying good-bye to Great Aunt Liz, she tried giving Erik some money to do something fun with, he declined. Then she tried me, I declined. Then she asked Jackson to come over and asked him, "Would you like some money to share with your brother and sister?" Um, he didn't decline. It was very sweet of her and I know the kids will have fun thinking of something great to do with it!
Before we made it the hotel, we decided had to stop at Carvel and get some of that yummy peanut butter sauce topped ice cream! It was pretty funny when we saw Erik's Uncle David and Aunt Marjorie drive up right behind us. They had the same idea as we did :)
Even though it was already almost 9:00 pm, our kids were not slowing down in a new hotel room!
Pool time!
We stayed at the pool until a little after 10:00 then thought our kids would fall asleep right away. Well Anna did, but the boys were too engrossed in a movie that was on TV, National Treasure: Book of Secrets and didn't fall asleep until close to midnight!
Sunday morning, we had our long awaited Hampton Inn breakfast (haha seriously this is one of my favorite things ever) then went to the Williamsport ward. This is the third year we've gone there as well, and it's kind of funny to recognize some of the families from years past. This year since the BBQ at Uncle Jimmy's wasn't until 2:00 we stayed all three hours which was fun. Anna went right into nursery like it was nothing! I stayed in primary with Wyatt and Jackson which was so fun. I love primary!!
On the drive over to Uncle Jimmy's Anna was out. She stayed asleep in the open car the entire time too! Tired girl.
Doesn't that picture just make you want to run free?? Just a beautiful spot of earth right there!
Erik took the kids for a nice, long ride which they loved.
A little golf :)
I wish I took more pictures of everyone that was there. I must admit that I felt much more comfortable at this gathering than at the big family reunion. At Uncle Jimmy's it was only Erik's Grammy, and Aunts and Uncles and two cousins. All of whom I know at least a little bit. They are a fun group to be around and we are lucky to live close enough to see them every so often!
Comments