Happy Birthday, Erik!
Sunday was Erik's 34th birthday! Because Sunday is pretty busy for us, we decided to celebrate on Monday. As it turned out we got a dinner invitation which was a lot of fun. Erik later told me that it was a great way to spend his birthday evening :)
On Monday morning, I made the birthday cake. My cakes really aren't fancy anymore, but I still really enjoy making them (and eating them!). There aren't too many things more celebratory than a cake covered in sprinkles! :)
We decided to go out for his birthday dinner. What did Erik choose? Why IHOP of course! :) Not my favorite restaurant, but admittedly it's a pretty good place for our kids.
Right after dinner, we had the Clingermans and Stakers over to share the cake! We had a great time as we always do with them. When I was looking back at the pictures I had to laugh when seeing how Jackson tried to "ruin" the photo. He definitely has been a little bit of a wise guy lately!
Singing to the birthday boy!
Haha not sure what Erik was doing here, but he always makes me laugh.
I hope he had a good birthday. I felt bad that he really didn't have anything to open from me (his gift was the surprise Kenny Chesney concert back in May), but hopefully he still felt special and loved as everybody should on their birthday!
Comments