Day at Dulles























Hmm, I'm super behind on my blog, and blogger doesn't seem to be working for me right now. . . this particular problems has never happend before, but hopefully it will sort itself out soon.  As I have a quiet moment (Jackson playing with our neighbor Sydney, Wyatt fell asleep watching a movie, Anna is with Erik taking Robert and Janet back to the airport), I am going to blog anyway.  This will be formatted horribly (but actually will be more like the blog book that ends up being printed every year). 

So a couple of weeks ago, the boys had dental appointments.  The only good pediatric dentist that is covered by our insurance is all the way in Sterling (about 50 minutes away).  This time it actually worked out pretty good, because someone needed to pick up Erik's parents at the Dulles airport that evening.  So the kids and I had a blast finding ways to fill our time there. 
First stop was Great Country Farms to get that week's CSA box. I brought an ice chest to put the veggies in. Next stop was the dentist!  This was Wyatt's third time going, and he did beautifully.  Didn't have a problem at all getting on the chair :)  Jackson did great too (though his cavity that was discovered last visit was now deemed large enough that it is needs to be filled).  Anna was definitely the most nervous out of everyone.  She stared intently and worridly as Wyatt was getting cleand and checked (Jackson got cleand in the chair next to Wyatt's).
After the dentist, we drove to Dulles Town Center (or as my kids call it "the big mall"). It was only a return stuff trip, but because this day was all about killing time, I let the kids play on the play ground for as long as they wanted :)
Next we went to the new Alamo theater that is by Dulles. It was fun checking out a new Alamo. I think those theaters are so much fun. And of course I was looking to forward to lunch there! Anna had fallen asleep on the way there, so I didn't need to pay for a ticket for her because I figured she would be on my lap the whole time. Well, she did wake up but we were the ONLY ones there for a good while which was so much fun! I could let them wander around, try out different seats, clap and dance to music, whatever they wanted! The movie we saw was Planes, which surprisingly exceeded my low, low expectations I had for it. 

After the movie, we still had an hour or two, so we went to the Air and Space museum (perfect post Planes activity!). We even found some planes that looked like the characters from the movie! It was funny being there with my ever more independent Anna girl. The only other time I had been to that museum was when I was VERY pregnant with her (and had an awfully hard time walking around that place!). Crazy how fast things change! 
When it was time to pick up Grammy and Poppy we loaded back into the car and excitedly waited for their arrival. What a perfect way to end a perfectly fun day! 

Comments

Molly said…
how fun to see all those cool planes after the movie! and isn't anna free anyway since she's two?

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures