Baptisms, Baptisms!
Last weekend started out with a Friday afternoon run on the treadmill. Because it was pouring rain, I did the whole thing on the treadmill which really wasn't the smartest thing. I run very differently on the treadmill than I do on the street, so I was not ready for 10 miles of that. It gave me shin splints! Oh well, with the sickness I got last night, I guess I would've taken a break from running this week anyway.
And Friday night, Erik and I saw Gravity. It was probably tensest little movie I've ever seen, but it's also pretty great!
How much do I love date nights with this guy? A whole ton and then some!
Oh yeah and the Alamo had a new fall menu! I ordered the burrito and was very happy with it :) So yeah, these are the things that get me really excited in life.
Saturday morning was Austin Staker's baptism! He is such a sweet boy! I was humbled that they asked me to give the Holy Ghost talk (they are like us and without family here in VA). And them I was "humbled" even more with they way my boys acted up during my talk. Right when I got up, Erik tried putting Wyatt on his lap but he ran up to me whining so I held his hand while I spoke. At another point I was telling about how the Holy Ghost is a comforter and I can remember being comforted by Him when I was a little girl and would get so scary nightmares, and Jackson called out, "Mom you still get nightmares! You just told me one about rats!" Which is true, but c'mon doesn't he know better than to shout out at the speaker during a talk? :) I actually wasn't too bothered by it, because it's just not worth the bother :)
So excited to get some donuts after! So after Austin's baptism we hung out at the stake center because an 11 year old girl that will soon be in my beehive class was getting baptized that day. It was wonderful to see Izzy making this important step, but really two baptisms back to back (with the longest ever 25 minute talk on baptism given by Izzy's grandfather) was a little much for the kids. They actually did pretty good though (no outbursts at the speakers lol).
We then had about 20 minutes before I needed to meet the group for the youth temple trip. So we headed to McDonalds for lunch. Seriously, no matter how much I vow to stop going to McDonald's I just can't stop. It is so close and our kids love it so much. :) Someday, I'll make the break.
A few of the girls from our baptism temple trip. It was my first time being a youth leader at the temple, and I have to admit I was a little nervous! The spirit of the temple though, is so special so peaceful that I had a wonderful time. I'm very thankful to live close enough to such an uplifting, beautiful spot of earth :)








Comments