The Big 3-1 And Other Random Pics


My birthday weekend (btw I'm the only one the calls it my birthday weekend-- that hasn't quite caught on around here :) started off with a Target trip with my girl.  Must stop at Target is "the babies."  Don't worry we always clean up after ourselves when we are done playing :)
So I feel like it is spider season right now!  Often we will see these garden spiders that are really big, but also admittedly pretty.  However, we also have had a lot of really big, ugly ones in our house.  Jackson swears they are tarantuals (I hope not!).  I have killed three in the past two days.  Eek!

On Friday afternoon, my friend Ruthie dropped off her seven year old son Xeo to stay with us until Sunday.  The boys were super excited to play with a friend all weekend!  Erik and the boys met Derek and Austin at the Winchester races that evening.  Derek took a funny picture of Wyatt sleeping on the hard bench during they exremely loud races!  I couldn't believe he could sleep through that!
The next morning we headed to Jackson's soccer game.  It was a little chilly and misty that morning.

We then headed to Great Country Farms.  It was Erik's first time and it was fun to show him around :)

Rope swing!







That evening was our Stake Conference adult session, so we got a babysitter to watch all of the kids and had a nice time listening to some wonderful messages.


The next day was my birthday!  Yay for turning 31!  So funny story, at about 9:00 pm the night before as we were walking out of Stake Conference, Brittany reminded Erik that it was going to be my birthday.  Had I showed Erik the birthday package I got in the mail on Friday? Yes.  Had I jokingly asked him during the week what he was going to get me for my birthday? Yes.  But alas, my busy husband did forget.  I know it's not the biggest deal in the world, but I guess one of my love languages is "Oh remembering my birthday is kind of important to me" because I admit it stung a little.  (BTW, I feel like I can share this story on my blog because Erik is an absolutely wonderful husband in so many ways and this is just one of those funny experiences that will make us laugh later).  Erik felt bad I could tell.  When Erik dropped off the babysitter that night he stopped at the grocery store and got some flowers which was definitely sweet.  

And my actual birthday ended up being so lovely.  Because not having a present to open from Erik is about the least important part of him remembering my birthday.  I guess it's just feeling special and loved and he did that.  He made me dinner and birthday brownies, he took care of everything while I went upstairs and read for a while, he and the kids made me cards, he gave me full reign to decided what to do in the evening (Sunday walk!), oh and he sat with me during church (one of the best things about Stake Conference) which is HUGE.  So seriously I had a really great birthday!  Moral of the story is that Brittany needs to remind Erik the night before every birthday :)


While I was upstairs reading Jackson made a chaser with my birthday package and cards.  It was so sweet.


Getting ready to blow out the candles.


I'm really excited to see what this year brings for me.  I feel like I've grown and matured since last year (I hope so!).
For my choice of walk we went through the Twin Lakes subdivision.  Perfect spot to gather lots of "guns."
Ariel really wanted to come along with us.



Jackson got sick of his bike, so Erik and I took turns riding it down hills. It was fun!




This is from the next morning on our way to school drop off.  So cozy!

All ready for the first day of play group.  I'm so happy that this is starting back up!


Anna has been pretty interested in my makeup lately.  I have to admit it's pretty cute seeing her primp.  Although she still won't let me do her hair, dang it!

How many people do you think have tried on this Target wig?  Probably too many.


Wyatt walked into the house from the garage decked out in Erik's work safety gear.  When I told him I was going to take his picture he immediately assumed this position.  I love that kid.

Comments

Molly said…
I really liked this post...love your sweet family

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures