Conference Weekend
So even though this was the 7th (!) General Conference I have experienced here on the east coast, I still have a hard time figuring out how to do our Conference traditions with the later time (basically the traditions are a good breakfast during morning session and a picnic lunch between sessions). I know, I just need to get over it, and over time this will be become just as normal. One thing that is kind of nice, is that we have a Saturday morning to get a couple of things done before the first sessions which starts at noon. Jackson had a soccer game, I ran, and we just straightened up around the house. A tradition that has worked well for our kids is to get a small art project or coloring book new for the weekend. This year the kids picked out a new coloring book that they were excited about. We also have the special words that they can listen for and get a corresponding skittle. Yup bribing with candy is the name of the game around here :)
After the first session, Erik washed Maverick (much to Anna's fascination) and I took Amanda out to a late lunch with Brittany for Amanda's birthday! (I need to insert the one and only picture I took of the baklava-- I can't believe I didn't make the waitress take our picture!) It was a wonderful time, lots of laugh and fun!
Brett, Amanda, Piper, and Hudson stayed and watched the second session and we probably heard about as much one might hear in a room with 5 little kids having fun together. I think they were actually quiet for the last two talks which was very thoughtful of them :)
And I was kind of surprised to see Anna on Brett's lap! She normally is the "just stare people down" type, but I think the graham cracker that Brett was feeding Hudson was enough to tempt her (along with Brett's charm of course! Oh and I should add Amanda took the photo :))
On Sunday we were able to start the day with a leisurely breakfast of fruit, eggs, and monkey bread. This was a true treat to have Sunday breakfast together. Erik is always out of the house before the kids are even awake!
In between Sunday sessions, we enjoyed the nice weather at Greenwood Mill.
Oh and I should add that this weekend was our Little Mermaid weekend. I have been waiting and waiting for this to come out of the "Disney vault" (so ridiculous, but that marketing strategy totally works on me!). I hadn't seen the whole thing since I was a little girl, so I was super excited!









Comments
and I cannot believe you haven't seen the little mermaid in that long!!!! that was so needed...hahah I'm in love with that movie, definitely my favorite animated Disney movie :)