Housing Hunting Trip

The week before Thanksgiving, Erik and I went on a quick little house hunting in Utah.  My dear, dear Mom flew from VA to watch the kids, so that we could.  Even though this picture, isn't that great of Erik I'm including it, because after a trip I always wish I took pictures of the hotel room!

I must admit, that it was nice getting a couple of date nights into this trip!  The first night we were there we went and saw Beyond the Lights, that we both liked.

But the majority of our trip was spent going into house after house after house.  We did a lot of homework before we left, and narrowed down the communities we would be willing to live to Draper, South Jordan, Herriman, and possibly Sandy.  It didn't take long to decide Herriman fit us best though.  The picture above is from the house we ended up buying by the way!  It's going to end up looking quite different by the time we move in though.  We are painting the cabinets, the island, the walls, and changing the backsplash.
 
We couldn't believe all of the deer we saw running around Herriman!


And we had to stop by the Up house!  Isn't it the cutest thing ever?  Since we've come to Utah, Anna has requested to drive by it quite a few times, because she loves the pink :)

And I thought it was cute when Erik and I were there and saw a young couple coming to take pictures next to us, complete with a dog and balloons :)


 

So on Saturday night, we met Kaitlin and Josh in Layton for dinner.  We had a great time together.  And then Sunday night, Erik and I and the Madsens went to Derrick's house in Provo for dinner.  He has a cute place!  I had to take a picture of his bathroom décor to show Wyatt :)

More pictures from our house.  It was built in 1994, so there is quite a bit of updating to do.  We aren't in a huge rush though.  I'd be OK if we just take one bathroom a winter to tackle.



 

 

These people were really into the country décor as you can see haha









So once we knew for sure this was going to be our house, there was a lot of stress taken off our plate.

So we went to another movie, Mockingjay.


 

 

And got in some hot tub time.

 

The next morning, we had plans to go to the Salt Lake temple and walk around there, but as we saw more and more reports of bad winter weather forecasted for the next day, and because that day was going to be the day before Thanksgiving (aka the busiest travel day of the year), we decided to change our flights to that day!  It was quite a mad rush to get our stuff together and coordinate my Mom changing her flight as well so she could beat the crazy holiday flying.  I'm so lucky to have good friends that were willing to watch the kids that day.  I'm very happy that we came home a day early, I missed the kids! 

Oops, this is out of order, but this was a quick pic I snuck in while visiting the kids new school.  I knew they would want to see any picture they could of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures